Considering a Career with MassMutual Have Some Questions for anyone that Has or Currently Works for

DHK- Okay great I will use that advice when it comes time, I could call people on the phone and do just what whirlybird did.

Overall, I will most likely be starting with Liberty Mutual, as they were the first company to give me an offer and get life licensed and see where things go. I will talk to the people at guardian, and tell them within a few months, I will come back to them, as they are a solid company, and I feel as though I can do great there and it is an industry I can see myself in, In the end I have just decided that it overall would be unfair to both companies, and my parents, who are proud of me for getting the job. Thank You for your responses, I will continue to be active on the forums.

Since this is one of the latest MassMutual threads, I thought I'd post this here.

I just discovered that MassMutual DOES allow their registered reps to sell fixed indexed annuities with living benefit riders! (Probably as a result of the merging of the Met Life sales force?)

The good news, is you can do it!

The bad news, is you have to be a registered rep (Series 6 or 7 & 63 licenses and all the headaches that come with them) and I would reasonably guess that the commissions are paid "through the grid". (Insurance company broker/dealers do have generous payouts though.) And only the approved carriers (not surprising).

However, if commissions are paid "through the grid", it should all count towards your total securities production.

Attachments

• MassMutual Indexed Annuities.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Since this is one of the latest MassMutual threads, I thought I'd post this here.

I just discovered that MassMutual DOES allow their registered reps to sell fixed indexed annuities with living benefit riders! (Probably as a result of the merging of the Met Life sales force?)

The good news, is you can do it!

The bad news, is you have to be a registered rep (Series 6 or 7 & 63 licenses and all the headaches that come with them) and I would reasonably guess that the commissions are paid "through the grid". (Insurance company broker/dealers do have generous payouts though.) And only the approved carriers (not surprising).

However, if commissions are paid "through the grid", it should all count towards your total securities production.

I'm curious how they would stop an agent that was not registered from selling indexed annuities? Of course, I believe Mass requires all agents become registered, so something of a moot point.

I don't know and it's counter-intuitive to wanting to recruit independent agents to join their career agency system and "not be overbearing" or "have too many restrictions".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back