Creative Marketing Ideas

jaugusta

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Do you guys use anything that seems to really help you out? Something I jsut started doing is typing up my own letters about investments and LTC and mailing them out with a follow up call a week later. Also, I just made a deal with a lawyer who does wills to send business my way in return for the same.
What about you guys?:idea:

We have built our agency on direct mail tactics like this one:

A couple things we have seen work well for us in our marketing efforts is to send out direct mail letter that look like they are coming from a real person and not some faceless institution. There are companies that will actually hand address each envelope as well as put a live stamp on it - then we put a hand written return address. So the recipient gets it, sees that it's not created by a computer and not junk mail and it normally gets opened.

One of the biggest problems with direct mail is that it is normally created to look so much like junk that it never gets opened. This method of using a white number ten envelope, an actual hand written address, a live stamp, and a hand written return address coming from a person and not a 'company' has worked very well for us to generate leads, these leads also convert at a higher close ratio.

Does anyone else have any tricks they use to get their direct mail responded to? Candy, or other things to make the envelope a little bit lumpy also helps with the response rate.

We also have established many joint venture partnerships with other professionals in the area that has help us generate a flood of referrals and new business. You're on the right track with the things you've recently started to implement.

Best,

Beach

My plan was after I send them out, to wait a week and call and ask them if they got it and if they had any questions. Do you guys do that or just wait on a return call for a lead?

They are cold. I have got a list of a cat owned businesses, woman owned businesses, and a list of everybody 45 and older in my home area, plus a LARGE amount of "non responders" and old leands from a few years back that I am going to mail. But in all, they are cold. I have a bout 3,000 names I am going to try and mail to. As I sit here I am on my second stack of letters (600 per stack) that I am hand signing.

I have got a list of a cat owned businesses

Like Garfield ??

Seriously..... without a follow-up call, I think direct mail is virtually ineffective. Congratulations to those who have enjoyed tremendous success by mailing and then sitting back and selling everyone who called them back! We've only generated consistent results when we followed up with a call.

WOW, how did I type "cat"? I went to type "vet" as in veteran. Wow. LOL, my bad guys...

Hi all, I am new to the board, but I have a questions re: marketing to agents. I work with Exam one and I also have my own paramedical business that is slowly but surely growing. All of this by word of mouth. Now I have made/ordered brochures letters etc. to send or drop by agents offices. How would you like to receive these or would you just drop them in the trash? Would you be more inclined to open mail or an email? Do you like brochures or note cards that paraphrase what I do? I'm just trying to get your opinion since I work for Agents! Thank You in advance for any information you might provide.:biggrin:

Back