Dealing W/ Rejection

J.R.

Guru
1000 Post Club
Texas
When a client verifies that he or she would like to set-up an appt. knows your there to do business and misses the appt. what do you do?

Thus far, I first leave a voicemail at the appointment time and immediately shoot off a missed appt. template I designed. I then wait a 1-2 business days to call back to see about rescheduling. After that, I leave it up to them and shoot off a monthly e-mail (this is the tough part)?

When do the veterans say enough is enough......Thanks....

Hmmm. Tough one. Two scenarios. The first is that the potential client truly screwed up and forgot. Now you have a submissive prospect that is more apt to buy than if it never happened.

The second scenario is someone who didn't consider the appointment important enough to write down or remember. The odds of a sale are far less here than the first.

Of course, the tough part is figuring out which of the two your prospect is.

Announcer: Are you embarrassed easily? I am. But it's nothing to worry about. It's all part of growing up and being British. This course is designed to eliminate embarrassment, to enable you to talk freely about rude objects, to look at akward and embarrassing things, and to point at people's privates. The course has been designed by Dr. Karl Gruber of the Institute of Going A Bit Red in Helsinki. Here, he himself introduces the course. Dr. Karl Gruber: Hello, my name is Karl Gruber. Thank you for inviting me into your home. My method is the result of six years work here at the institute, in which subjects were exposed to simulated embarrassment predicaments, over a prolonged fart - period! time! (fart)</I> ...Sorry. Lesson 1: Words. Do any of these words embarass you? Voice over: Shoe. Megaphone. Grunties. Dr. Karl Gruber: Now let's go on to something ruder: Voice over: Wankel rotary engine. Dr. Karl Gruber: Now lesson 2: Noises. Noises are a major embarrassment source. Even words like "tits", "winkle" and "vibraphone" can not rival the embarrassment potential of sound. Listen to this, if you can:
(embarrassing sound)
How do you rate your embarrassment response?
A) High.
B) Hello!
C) Good evening!
If C, you are loosening up, and will soon be ready for this:
(more embarrassing sounds)
Well! How did you rate?
A) Embarrassed.
B) Hello!
C) Good evening!
Now lesson 3, in which these rude and dirty sounds are combined with smutty visual suggestions into a embarrassment simulation situation. You are the waiter at this table: Lady: Charles, I've got something to show you... (zipper, thud, thud) Dr. Karl Gruber Score 5 for no embarrassment, score 3 for slight embarrassment, and 1 for...

Salpro,

When someone fails to show up for an appointment that was set on the phone, I drive to their house to reschedual in person. If they reschedual they will usually keep the next one after meeting you face to face.

Also I just remembered your phone message from the other day. I'll try to call you tomorrow afternoon.

Salpro,

When someone fails to show up for an appointment that was set on the phone, I drive to their house to reschedual in person. If they reschedual they will usually keep the next one after meeting you face to face.

Also I just remembered your phoneessage from the other day. I'll try to call you tomorrow afternoon.

That is a good method if one is doing face to face presentations. I look forward to your call. I have been playing around with Act this past weekend and wish to talk to you about about Activator and the other one that escapes my memory.

I guess it would depend on the callback. By that, if I call them about the miss, alot depends on "who" calls again. Am I the one calling or emailing messages about the missed appointment? Are they responding?

If they respond quickly they are interested and just messed up. If they are slow to respond, or don't, you don't have a prospect. I am less inclined to spend alot of time "overcoming" anybody's reluctance to meet or objections. If they aren't interested, chances are if they buy, they won't keep. Never liked chargebacks.

Back