Direct Mailing Marketing

cheta41

I have been thinking a lot about doing a direct mailing marketing system. Does anyone know a good system or place online that is not a scam? Has anyone done direct mailing and had sucess?

I have been thinking a lot about doing a direct mailing marketing system. Does anyone know a good system or place online that is not a scam? Has anyone done direct mailing and had sucess?

Nope. You will be the first. Very much like Neal Armstrong.

Look up at the top for that field that says " search the forum" and many questions will be answered.

Look up at the top for that field that says " search the forum" and many questions will be answered.

Yet another productive comment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It can be done, but there are some things you must keep in mind:

1) NEVER ever use a mailhouse's mailing list.....use one you will give them from a reliable vendor.......if you use the mailhouse's list you are setting yourself up for grand failure

2) TIMING OF DELIVERY is extremely important in the FE and MP markets, not so much in any other

3) the success of ANY direct mail campaign will be dependent on how:

PERSONAL PERSONAL PERSONAL
SPECIFIC SPECIFIC SPECIFIC

and

ORIGINAL ORIGINAL ORIGINAL

your campaign will be........to wit.............

pay attention to:

envelope texture and outbound appearance

fonts

paper weight and quality

not being verbose.....1 piece is all that's necessary

spacing.........this is critical

signatures matter

without branding and specificity, you have nothing

don't be a fool....you can't drop it once and expect to retire

there is an infinite amount of other pertinent things to consider, there is much more to a successful mail drop than the right demographics and zips.....frankly those two are givens....once you have the right demos, then the game begins....you must envision your recipient going to the mailbox, bringing the mail into the home then standing over the trash can deciding which pieces to open and which to throw away................IF your piece gets opened, you have about 3 seconds to do something to captivate attention so the intended will keep reading....what will you do?....there are proven things you can do which will ensure your letter will get more than a cursory glance

and

the more SENSES you can involve in your piece, the better off you'll be........

Best wishes.

Last edited:
the more SENSES you can involve in your piece, the better off you'll be

So...a scratch & sniff mailer would be killer? Now we just need to brainstorm a scent that would make people want to buy?;)

You are looking at about 1/2 of 1% response with Direct Mail when it comes to Life Insurance. I've seen as high as 1%.

Postcards works the best.

The most common postcard is that stupid "The GoV't will only give you $255" card.

Welcome Insurance Agents-Direct Mail Lead Program
Is the place we have a deal with.

Postcardmania has some good postcards also.

I have a ton of postcards, I can share with you if you email me. I just made one for Assurity Life.

Who you mail to, is almost more important that what you are mailing to them.

Diirect mail works to a point of 1-3 percent ROI. If your selling life insurance you would have to sell one or two policies to break even.

I like the simple post cards, also it cost less to mail. I used val pack to send direct mail in the past it works to a point. Good luck.

Diirect mail works to a point of 1-3 percent ROI. If your selling life insurance you would have to sell one or two policies to break even.

I like the simple post cards, also it cost less to mail. I used val pack to send direct mail in the past it works to a point. Good luck.

What's the approx cost to run ads via Valpak? I have been thinking about checking them out. Also, is it effective as a source?

Newby, justa quick question.
On your avatar, is that a Bernese mountain dog?
Just came home this weekend from a dog show really enjoyed it.

Shooter

Back