Does Anyone Know About LSH?

M

MichiganAgent

Got a call from Lexicon Senior Health. Guaranteed 3-4 QUALIFIED, PRE-SET appts per day. No cold calling, no charge for leads or appts. Annual increase in commissions, after two full years, $100K in renewal income. Vested in percentage annually - after 5 years 100% vested.

Go through 1st interview, all is good. Second interview by phone, a Nick Venetis (calliing from Utah). All is good, until 30 min into interview, he tells me I'll have to lay out $400-$600 for trip to dallas for 3 day training (air, hotel, foo). Okay, no problem. The next one was the deal breaker:

"Now to get you appointed with all the companies we work with, and to get you your brochures and applications, and to defray the cost of setting up your first batch of appointments, we have a start up fee of $995.00--can you pay that today?"
:skeptical:

When I balked, he said, "Well, we return $250 after you have hit $30,000 in premium, and another $250 when you hit $50,000 in premium."
:nah:

I asked him if he got his clothes custom made by a tailor. He said no. I said, "Oh come on, there is no way you can fit a pair of balls that big into off-the-rack trousers!" And I thought NASE had balls to ask for a $300 "appointment fee!
:laugh:

Anyone know anything about these guys? Are they legit? Is anyone making money with them? I think the states should all pass laws against these outrageous "sign up" or "training" fees.

The system wouldn't let me post their website, but it is their name as all one word if you are interested.

I think the states should all pass laws against these outrageous "sign up" or "training" fees.

That's what's wrong with America today. Everyone expects the "Guvment" to pass laws to "protect" us.

If you don't think its a good deal, then don't take it. How can you expect some low life "guvment" servant with no private sector experience to decipher what is a good deal?

You my friend are a citizen sheep.

Just because you don't think its a good deal doesn't mean that others won't. I'm sure its a good opportunity for the right individual just not you.

Besides, even if there were such a law, the company would recoup their marketing expenses in another fashion, probably with lower commish...

That's what's wrong with America today. Everyone expects the "Guvment" to pass laws to "protect" us.

If you don't think its a good deal, then don't take it. How can you expect some low life "guvment" servant with no private sector experience to decipher what is a good deal?

You my friend are a citizen sheep. <snip>
Besides, even if there were such a law, the company would recoup their marketing expenses in another fashion, probably with lower commish...

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about the company, didn't ask for your--or anyone's--political view. Keep the teabag party sentiment to yourself, thanks. You don't know me, so you have no basis on which to judge me.

A new agent might think that paying a fee is normal. And these companies that deal such dirt are EXACTLY the kind that need the regulation that so many people whine about.

So again, if anyone knows anything about them-good or bad--I'd be interested in hearing. I'll tune into Faux (I mean FOX) news if I want the other stuff.

Thanks.

Never heard of the company.

But I agree. There should be a law to keep the government's hands out of my pocket.

Oh wait. There is.

What's on MSNBC tonight?

Rick

Got a call from Lexicon Senior Health. Guaranteed 3-4 QUALIFIED, PRE-SET appts per day. No cold calling, no charge for leads or appts. Annual increase in commissions, after two full years, $100K in renewal income. Vested in percentage annually - after 5 years 100% vested.

Haha.

hahaha....

Seriously.

hahaha..

Alright, enough... hehehe... laughing.

I'm still laughing, but here is the deal:

Any agency recruiting agents needs to bring leads to the table or high contracts, but usually not both. If they claim they have both, they're telling lies. According to their website, Lexicon Senior Healthcare - Careers , their leads are absolute junk. Step three is why:

"Third Step, LSH contacts these seniors to let them know we have a consultant in the area that is providing information on the 2011 Changes in Medicare and further gather interest in meeting with one of our salespeople to review their Medicare situation."

Anyone that wants "changes to Medicare" appointments can get as high a contract they want with anyone and then do their own mailers or hire someone to do cold calling and end up with the same problem, you don't have a qualified prospect. What they're bringing to the table is a system that may look good on paper, but for the most part is rubbish. These "changes to Medicare" leads are worth something, but nowhere near the hassle of working with an organization that can and will most likely use agents that can't sell micromanage new agents. If you're going to pay $995 plus travel and expenses for training, you might as well give Frank ~$300 for YIO with AWESOME training from someone that knows exactly what they're doing, get excellent contracts from him (or anyone else for that matter), and then buy a list from someone who sells great data cheap, and for less than $700 you can be contracted, trained, ready to track all your information on a top notch CRM, and have 10,000 names to call using the right approach instead of a "changes to Medicare" lead.

Another selected reading from their website:

"HIGH INCOME! Our average income on an entry level after training is $6,928 per month and we work very hard to achieve those results. This is all because of our preset sales appointments."
Show me the 1099's. I don't believe it. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. Am I wrong? I highly doubt it. It is literally impossible for an average entry agent to make $6,928/month right after training running 12-16 appts/week for "changes to Medicare" leads. That simply not possible.

MichiganAgent: The bottom line for you is that these folks really aren't offering you anything worthwhile. If they weren't charging you and were going to train you for free and give you leads for free, then that might be a worthwhile venture, but if you're paying out top dollar you need to take more control over what you're doing. If you want to start selling Medicare Supplements you should call Frank, buy his software, let him train you, buy a telemarketing list, and then have at it. There is no substitute for being in control your own marketing.

Thanks for your comments, but I'm getting the feeling people are not careful readers. If you'll re-read, I didn't say I was going with them, or even THINKING about signing up with them.
Just wanted to know if anyone on the list had any experience with them or knew someone who did.

Obviously, I'm not "investing" $1500 in sign up and travel. I don't even sell MedSups. Their claim of "100,000 in renewal (I think they called it "lazy income") after just 2 yrs of selling" seemed pretty incredible. Most of us are lucky if we can see that kind of renewal income after 5 or even 10 years.

I wasn't asking if I should hire on, just wondering if anyone had heard of them or had any experience with 'em...that's it. I didn't realize there was a Senior Forum on here until later today, and maybe that's where I should have posted this.

Thanks!

Thanks for your comments, but I'm getting the feeling people are not careful readers. If you'll re-read, I didn't say I was going with them, or even THINKING about signing up with them.

I didn't imagine you were ready to sign up, but you did move along the "interview" process, so it seems like you have/had at least some level of interest

I wasn't asking if I should hire on, just wondering if anyone had heard of them or had any experience with 'em...that's it. I didn't realize there was a Senior Forum on here until later today, and maybe that's where I should have posted this.

I think it was remarkably appropriate here. There are several organizations like this out there recruiting to anyone that will listen to their dollar and a dream spiel. I think that by putting this in the general agent discussion section more folks will see it and hopefully pay more attention to things. Thanks for bringing it up!

I'm in agreement with those that thing the government needs to build roads and schools and protect us with military, police and fire departments and then get the H out of our way.
Just from what I've read in this post about how they SPRING the fees on you unexpectedly, I assume this group is trash. But they should never be regulated away as long as they are not preying on intelligent adults that should know to do their own research before paying or signing anything.
If there was a legit experienced FE agent that would charge a new agent $1,500 to provide him with a ready to go sales kit, field proven presentations, and two weeks of field training covering how to sell as well as how to run your business...that could actually be valuable. And government regulation of the first guy would wipe out the 2nd guy too. The government has no way of regulating crooks without hurting honest businesses.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Some of that post got jumbled up on my iPhone but...you get the point I was trying to make.
Adults need to be adults. Learn how to make your own intelligent choices.

Last edited:
This outfit has been conducting this scam for some time now. Previous name was Senior Healthcare Solutions. Wouldn't doubt if there were some element of Parker & Associates involved...

Back