Door to Door Insurance Sales

Did you guys go during the day? It seems like there would not be a good return for the time you put in on a weekday during business hours, but then who want to be interrupted during dinner? And if you only go on Saturday like I did, you won't make enough sales, so are there more ppl home during the day than I expect?

Hello all,I am new to this forum, has anyone ever tried selling P & C door to door?

Welcome to the forum. My answer...no.

I'm reading a great book right now in which the author discusses those that teach cold calling strategies. Almost never have any of those people ever tried it, let alone succeeded at it. It's a very rare person that continues to build a business in that way.

Generally if you're successful at it like Newby was, you quickly find out that there are more effective ways to find prospects to generate the type of results you desire. You then go on to employ the same type of tennacity to that strategy and you stay in the business.

I think it's a great way to filter out the grinders from the pretenders but that's about it.

I've never tried selling L&H door to door, on a residential level. I can see walking into businesses and doing a pitch, but when dealing with people at home, I don't see it as being very effective, unless you are doing the "Hi, I'm John Doe with A&B Insurance, just wanted to introduce myself to the neighborhood, here's a mug with our name and number" thing. That might trickle down, and work one day. But otherwise, unsolicited sales calls in this area are usually looked upon as being scams, so I don't do door-to-door.

Dave

But otherwise, unsolicited sales calls in this area are usually looked upon as being scams, so I don't do door-to-door.

I met with an Edward Jones broker last week who is about 30 years old, moved to the area from another state, and has the beginnings of a successful business (5 years in) that started by door knocking in the area. If someone can sell securities door to door, I wouldn't rule out insurance.

This can be very effective for a young sales person. But i think an older age agent would not be so well received.

The reason I say that they are looked upon as being scams, (in my area), is because there was a group of con artist that went around posing as "financial consultants". They conned senior citizens into buying "living wills" and "irrevocable trusts" that cost the seniors hundreds of dollars, and then when said seniors took these documents to their attorney, cpa, etc. they were found to be worthless. The local sheriff's department then made a public announcement that, "any and all unsolicited sales of financial or insurance products should be considered fradulent, and reported to the Sherriff's Department." Kinda makes me wary of door to door.

Dave

The local sheriff's department then made a public announcement that, "any and all unsolicited sales of financial or insurance products should be considered fradulent, and reported to the Sherriff's Department." Kinda makes me wary of door to door.

In that case, I definetly wouldn't pursue it. In fact, I don't residential door knock at all and even with businesses, it's just when I'm in the area for another meeting (and by the way, it works).

But otherwise, unsolicited sales calls in this area are usually looked upon as being scams, so I don't do door-to-door.

I met with an Edward Jones broker last week who is about 30 years old, moved to the area from another state, and has the beginnings of a successful business (5 years in) that started by door knocking in the area. If someone can sell securities door to door, I wouldn't rule out insurance.

He didn't have a choice, it's a mandatory part of their training program. Way old school.

He didn't have a choice, it's a mandatory part of their training program. Way old school.

I realize that, old school or not, it worked for him.

I too am new to insurance. I'm in the senior market. I am so looking forward to totally immersing myself, but does anyone have any tips on how to turn a "no" into a "yes?" I do a combination of door sales and cold calls, but most people don't even want to hear what I'm talking about. I've altered my pitch a few times, but nothing's changed.:1frown:

Latest posts

Back