Door to Door Insurance Sales

I do a combination of door sales and cold calls, but most people don't even want to hear what I'm talking about. I've altered my pitch a few times, but nothing's changed.:1frown:

This is what you've got to expect from using those methods. Ineffective.

Have you considered doing some marketing, so that you are talking to people that want to talk to you?

I too am new to insurance. I'm in the senior market. I am so looking forward to totally immersing myself, but does anyone have any tips on how to turn a "no" into a "yes?" I do a combination of door sales and cold calls, but most people don't even want to hear what I'm talking about. I've altered my pitch a few times, but nothing's changed.:1frown:

What is your "pitch"...?

What is your objective and what marketplace are you working...?

Hello all,I am new to this forum, has anyone ever tried selling P & C door to door?

I enjoy door-to-door(DTD) for some odd reason. I have met a lot of nice people so far and it is rare that anyone is rude. Actually it's not the people I am concerned about, it's those freakin dogs. That fear proably cost me business because I walk right past houses that are fenced in, have no trespassing signs, no soliciting signs, and BEWARE OF DOG SIGNS. A dog bite is not worth the money, but I have considered carrying mace like the Post Office does.

Another thing about door-to-door that is nice is it gives you options. If you buy a list of names you do so to concentrate on selling one product. DTD gives you options. 1 door may be Med Supp customers, the next may need health insurance, the next may need life insurance, and I am hooked up with a P&C agency to refer auto and homeowners insurance to for a referral fee. I am actually studying for my P&C license just to have more options. I have something to offer just about everbody. If you go DTD with just one product it really limits the people you can speak with.

Here's what I say when they answer:

Hi,

My name is Dwayne Armstrong; I am a local independent insurance agent and I am just stopping by to introduce myself and let you know a little about my agency.

(Depending on what they look like, old or young) My agency specializes in ________ _________(senior benefits, family life insurance,etc). What concerns do you have with you current insurance coverage?

If nothing, say good day and move on. If they give you a concern, I UNDERSTAND and I would love to have the opportunity to HELP YOU with that.

Then ask to come in or set an appointment.:D

I like your approach, Dwayne! I've had some success since my last posting, and I'm working on marketing myself too. I'm really excited about the latter. Plus, I just got my first batch of confirmed leads so I will treat those like gold! In the meantime, I still work off my cold call list and I've generated my own cold call list.

Latest posts

Back