Door to Door for life insurance

loginname

Expert
I'm a life insurance agent that sells a variety of life insurance products including term, UL, and VUL.

I need to start generating some name recognition in my town and meet some more people. One idea I came up with is going door to door. It would be a simple introduction possibly with a door hanger if they are not home. I would simply say "I am a local life insurance agent and I'm trying to get out of the office and meet the people in my community. I offer life insurance planning for individuals and businesses. Would you be interested in a life insurance needs analysis and evaluation of your current policy?"

Would something like this work? Give me some advice. What do I put on the door hanger? What should be my starting line? I'm not feeling very creative today:(

I'm a life insurance agent that sells a variety of life insurance products including term, UL, and VUL.

I need to start generating some name recognition in my town and meet some more people. One idea I came up with is going door to door. It would be a simple introduction possibly with a door hanger if they are not home. I would simply say "I am a local life insurance agent and I'm trying to get out of the office and meet the people in my community. I offer life insurance planning for individuals and businesses. Would you be interested in a life insurance needs analysis and evaluation of your current policy?"

Would something like this work? Give me some advice. What do I put on the door hanger? What should be my starting line? I'm not feeling very creative today:(

For door to door yes, something like that would work very well. I would add one additional comment shown in red. "Would you be interested in setting a time that is convenient for you to have me do a quick insurance needs..."

If they say yes, you should tell you would be happy to do it now if they aren't too busy. That it will only takes a few minutes for them to get added piece of mind about their policies.

However, a presence in community activities and organizations will also serve you well. Join and participate in everything. Volunteer to be a part of what is going on in your community that will give you the greatest amount of exposure.

Be the "go to man" for life insurance.

Thanks Frank. I am researching the local community organizations also. I will be getting involved at our new church also.

Small towns & rural communities are the most reseptive. I was going door to door working off a senior list promoting med supps plans. Everyone one pleasant and I even made few sales and enjoyed myself untill I threw my back out getting in and out of my car all day.

I tried doing in the city and found people less receiptive. I will definately
hit it again it small towns when I out running appointments.

Small towns & rural communities are the most reseptive. I was going door to door working off a senior list promoting med supps plans. Everyone one pleasant and I even made few sales and enjoyed myself untill I threw my back out getting in and out of my car all day.

I tried doing in the city and found people less receiptive. I will definately
hit it again it small towns when I out running appointments.

Working "the city" sucks out loud! Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. That is why I limit all my contacts to "country folk".

Wear Levie's and a polo shirt, stand around the feed store, kick feed sacks, spit in the corner and say "gawd damn" a lot and they will love you. :D

How about the suburbs? Any luck there? At least the houses are close together. My goal is to hit 25-50 houses per week. Maybe some more on Saturday mornings.

suburbs are the same as a big city, they are still connected and think they all belong to one another. Find a small town away....

I agree, small town folks are much more receptive to the personal approach. Our local clients are very enthusiastic about an insurance man that is just like them.....not some guy in a suit that talks down to them. Just be one of the guys and you will get plenty of leads, thats how our whole business got started and were pushing a lot of premium off of that market alone

I've always heard that you should clip a note to a dog's collar asking if anyone would be interested in life insurance - then let him wonder around the neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back