Door to Door Questions

Hey guys, relatively new to the Life Insurance sales gig, but so far I love it and want to see it become a career.

That being said, the leads my company gives me are hit or miss. Sometimes I make lots of money, sometimes they cost me more in gas to get to where I need to be.

I've done a little bit of door-knocking and had enough success setting appointments to continue with it, but was hoping to get some advice from people who have done it more.

I usually dress nicely but casually; nice jeans, collared shirt, nice jacket, etc and go knocking from 5-8pm. That just seemed like prime hours when people are home. Is that everyone else's experience? Or does all day long work as well?

I saw a few people use surveys for pre-quals. Have you used that? How well did it work?

My company has a few no-cost benefits (small AD&D) policy I can hand out for free all day, and those seem to act as decent foot-in-the-door. Did you use those? Did you have more success with or without?

At which point did you tell them you were an insurance agent and a sales pitch was coming?

Any other advice concern timing of day, appearance, script, offers, etc you could give me would be very appreciated.

Back