Dr. Jack Singer: How to Get Past the “Impostor Phenomenon”

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
In Part 1 of his exclusive new series for Insurance Forums, “Developing the Mindset of a Champion Producer,” Dr. Jack Singer shows how to overcome the fear of feeling like an unqualified impostor by realizing the issue and taking a page from the healthy thought patterns of successful producers.

Check out the article at the link below, and if you have any comments or questions, Dr. Jack will be happy to address them.

Insurance Forums | How to expose and finally dispose of every producer

So what was Dr. Singer's AP once he learned how to deal with the Impostor Phenomenon? Is he on pace for MDRT this year?

Thanks, FEX...yes, I had to learn this as well. When I first started practicing as a professional psychologist, I had to fight the thoughts that suggested that I was young and not as experienced as I needed to be to really help folks. It takes practice, but anyone can do it! Jack

Thanks, FEX...yes, I had to learn this as well. When I first started practicing as a professional psychologist, I had to fight the thoughts that suggested that I was young and not as experienced as I needed to be to really help folks. It takes practice, but anyone can do it! Jack

Hi Jack. I am looking forward to reading more about your successes in the field of insurance; especially from producers.

Hi Jack. I am looking forward to reading more about your successes in the field of insurance; especially from producers.

You bet! For example, did you know there is one personality trait that differentiates high from average producers? Stay tuned. Jack

I'm sure there is. Are you saying this personality trait can be learned/developed?

Absolutely! I train producers to develop this trait if they aren't hardwired with it. Perhaps I'll discuss in my next article. If you'd like to chat about it, just contact me. My contact info is at the end of the article. Jack

Back