Email Marketing

pomfin

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am interested in email marketing! I still do not know how to generate graphical emails myself using what software I know some companies will do it for me. But I would prefer I understand it and can do it myself. Can anyone share some lights on that?

Pick up an HTML book and an HTML editor. You will need to learn how to build a basic HTML page before you are able to even get into sending it out.

For a small list I would use Atomic Mail Sender as it is a one time fee and you are able to send as many emails as you want.

Well if you are really interested in doing it on your own there are a number of software packages you can purchase. For example Gammadyne Mailer. Just do a quick google search for email marketing software.

But considering how inexpensive it is to mail through an insurance specific vendor like ourselves or a generic version like Constant Contact, is it really worth the hassle? Agents are more likely to stick with something that's easy to do. Creating your own mailings with 3rd party software is going to take time. Time that's best used in front of clients and prospects.

Caveat Emptor; if you send via an email list without having double opt in permission, you can risk being labeled as a spammer. Happened to me.

Caveat Emptor; if you send via an email list without having double opt in permission, you can risk being labeled as a spammer. Happened to me.
Now how do you over come the spammer labeling? What I plan is purchase the list and start my own email newsletter which can handle subscription, just like constant contact without the limitation of subscription. Although going through them is easier, but in a long run, running your own email compaign is will not increase your cost when your subscription is increased. Of course we have to have the option of double opt in.

Well if you're buying a list, you're going to have lots of folks hitting the spam button in AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Which ultimately means your emails to these hosts are either going to get blocked or go straight to junk. And you risk being reported to blacklisting svcs like Spamhaus, etc.

Once you become blacklisted, it's difficult to clean up your reputation. Generally you would need to refrain from spamming for a period of months. It's not like there's someone you can call at Hotmail or Yahoo to help you out.

Also keep in mind if you have a dedicated server, it's your IP that's getting blocked. If using a shared host, you'll likely piss off the hosting company because you are sharing an IP with other users. And if you are sending mail using your ISP (AT&T, Sprint, etc.) outgoing mail server, you could find yourself no longer able to send emails.

Also, any reputable email service provider isn't going to allow someone to run email campaigns with a purchased or rented list. Because you would be damaging their reputation.

Well if you're buying a list, you're going to have lots of folks hitting the spam button in AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Which ultimately means your emails to these hosts are either going to get blocked or go straight to junk. And you risk being reported to blacklisting svcs like Spamhaus, etc.

Once you become blacklisted, it's difficult to clean up your reputation. Generally you would need to refrain from spamming for a period of months. It's not like there's someone you can call at Hotmail or Yahoo to help you out.

Also keep in mind if you have a dedicated server, it's your IP that's getting blocked. If using a shared host, you'll likely piss off the hosting company because you are sharing an IP with other users. And if you are sending mail using your ISP (AT&T, Sprint, etc.) outgoing mail server, you could find yourself no longer able to send emails.

Also, any reputable email service provider isn't going to allow someone to run email campaigns with a purchased or rented list. Because you would be damaging their reputation.
The what is the use of purchased email list? The reason to purchase an consumer opt-in list is to send email to them for optional services. I saw a lot of emails from other business. Why not me? Some of them even use the email services like constant contact.

Has anyone had any experience with email marketing for life insurance?

I have been told 10,000 emails should equate to 20-30 leads to call on.

I have never done it. I think back to the spam emails I get and since I didn't think they where effective I never did one the other concern was CAN-SPAM laws and I know these companies say these are list of people opting in my concern was they did not opt in for my company but for some generic thing.

Back