Email Question

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
From a website that was set up, I was offered three types of email accounts (from the c panel)

Horde, SquirrrelMail or Round Cube.

I have Horde for the Norvax site and it's OK, but my server at work keeps kicking me off it. At home, it is OK.

Does anybody know anything about SquirrelMail or Round Cube?

Also...I have Microsoft Email (formerly Outlook) on my laptop at home. It receives email from the Horde account. Would I also be able to receive email from another account as well?

I would think not since when I reply from the Microsoft Account, the return email shows one of my website addresses. So, if I had another web site tied into the Microsoft Email account, it may not be able to figure out which email is coming from where.

Thanks

When you use Outlook, Horde, SquirrrelMail, etc. you don't change your email account to a different type. Those are just tools that you use to interact with your email account. You can use all of them to access the same email account.

You can set up Outlook to receive and send email via several email accounts. I have about 8 accounts that are linked to the same Outlook program.

You can send email through any of the accounts you have programmed into Outlook. You will need to set one as the default, but you can override this manually.

When you respond to an email sent to [email protected], Outlook will send your response through [email protected] unless you override this manually or programatically.

Ah...Ok. Thanks.

Let me ask you this...If you are sending an email in Outlook from one email account...and then the next email you send should come from a different account (A different website), is it a quick transition, or do you have to log out..log back on etc...

Thanks.

Ah...Ok. Thanks.

Let me ask you this...If you are sending an email in Outlook from one email account...and then the next email you send should come from a different account (A different website), is it a quick transition, or do you have to log out..log back on etc...

Thanks.

Very simple. Just click on the "accounts" button near the northwest corner in Outlook...you'll get a drop-down box to pick which one you want to send it from (provided you've got it set up in Outlook, that is).

Hope that helps.

OK.. A slight twist.

I have Microsoft Email, not Outlook. I believe it comes automatically with Vista.

Are they virtually the same?

:skeptical: I don't know.

It might be like Outlook Express which is a watered down version of Outlook. Outlook isn't free.

Try the help menu and look for something like "add account."

You simply CHANGE IDENTITIES. Then, you can send an email from a different account. It's easy to do this. I use Outlook Express, which is Windows Mail in vista. You click on FILE in the upper toolbar and click on IDENTITIES. The rest is self-explanatory.

Chumps Outlook Express IMHO is junk.

Outlook - full version is better, if you like an overpriced piece of software that crashes. I personally would only trust my email with a Mac - but that is another story.

If you are using a PC - IMHO the best FREE software is THUNDERBIRD which is part of mozilla and is far more stable than Outlook.

And F R E E !!!! The entire Open Office suite is just as good as MS Office w/o a few bells and whistles but for FREE it is a STEAL. MS OFFICE costs more stand alone than some PC or Laptops these days - and has changed very little in 10 years.

Thunderbird very easily handles multiple account identities.

Back