Erie Commercial Insurance ?

mkmaem

I understand Erie has a very good reputation in with commercial insurance space . Does anyone have an idea how big of an appetite they have as far as writing General Liability , Workers Comp , Umbrella and Commerical Auto ? Are there products and risk appetite more geared towards small and medium sized commercial firms or do they operate and compete with firms such as Zurich , Chubb , AIG for large commercial insurance projects ? Thanks

I understand Erie has a very good reputation in with commercial insurance space . Does anyone have an idea how big of an appetite they have as far as writing General Liability , Workers Comp , Umbrella and Commerical Auto ? Are there products and risk appetite more geared towards small and medium sized commercial firms or do they operate and compete with firms such as Zurich , Chubb , AIG for large commercial insurance projects ? Thanks

Erie is definitely a generalist and will pretty much entertain any risks. They aren't scared of large operations as long as the premium is there to support it. I have used them several years now and have had much success. They are my first "go to" on all commercial. The only hold up i have had in the past is with very large construction accounts that do a lot of "structural steel erection" especially if the contractor has exposures in states they don't write in. Pricing is almost always competitive and even unbeatable.

Erie likes good risks and can be picky at times. Not saying they wont take most GL's or other policies but they don’t like roofing companies or crane companies. They don't do or at least my UW said they don't do professional sports teams. They are very competitive with commercial auto to the point I usually have to surcharge it.

Back