Ethics Case Studies or Examples

Advisor7

I am a life/health/P&C agent but no longer work in sales. In fact, it's been a number of years since I last worked in the field. I am now an instructor with a private firm, and one of the courses I teach is ehtics to insurance agents and financial reps.

I'm looking for material I can use in my class. I already have some examples, but mostly I have generalized ethical discussion material, stats, legal definitions, etc. Specifically, I'm looking for case studies or examples of life or health insurance or financial product transactions, especially those involving senior consumers. The studies or examples would contain enough information that it could be presented to the class, and they in turn could disect it to determine the ethical and unethical behavior (if any). All of that is used to generate a class discussion. For example, I have an example of a life insurance transaction that contains some proper actions, some obvious improper actions, and some content that some would find questionable.

I would greatly appreciate any material anyone might be willing to share. I will gladly cite my sources if that information is provided, and I can provide proof of such to the sender if requested. Please note I prefer to keep the cases generic - no names or details that might disclose an identity. I would also be interested in any links to websites that provide cases or examples.

Thank you!

There are a number of companies that offer such a course in CE training, but I would assume their material is protected by copyright. You could contact them to see if they would allow you to quote from their Ethics training material with proper attribution.

I am a life/health/P&C agent but no longer work in sales. In fact, it's been a number of years since I last worked in the field. I am now an instructor with a private firm, and one of the courses I teach is ehtics to insurance agents and financial reps.

I'm looking for material I can use in my class. I already have some examples, but mostly I have generalized ethical discussion material, stats, legal definitions, etc. Specifically, I'm looking for case studies or examples of life or health insurance or financial product transactions, especially those involving senior consumers. The studies or examples would contain enough information that it could be presented to the class, and they in turn could disect it to determine the ethical and unethical behavior (if any). All of that is used to generate a class discussion. For example, I have an example of a life insurance transaction that contains some proper actions, some obvious improper actions, and some content that some would find questionable.

I would greatly appreciate any material anyone might be willing to share. I will gladly cite my sources if that information is provided, and I can provide proof of such to the sender if requested. Please note I prefer to keep the cases generic - no names or details that might disclose an identity. I would also be interested in any links to websites that provide cases or examples.

Thank you!
I am also an insurance educator and I am looking for Life Insurance Ethics Case Study examples. Have you had any success?

Nothing yet. I've made a couple of my own, and decided to reach out to some agents in my state to see if they'll relate some situations I could then turn into case studies.

I work for A.D. Banker & Co., LLC as a pre-licensing and continuing education presenter. When I run the Ethics course, I use these case studies provided by the CPCU Society. These case studies deal with issues an agent, an underwriter, a claim adjuster and a company marketing rep would deal with. Some are so generic that they could apply to Life/Health or Property/Casualty.

Attachments

• StreetLevelEthicsCaseStudies2005.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 38
I work for A.D. Banker & Co., LLC as a pre-licensing and continuing education presenter. When I run the Ethics course, I use these case studies provided by the CPCU Society. These case studies deal with issues an agent, an underwriter, a claim adjuster and a company marketing rep would deal with. Some are so generic that they could apply to Life/Health or Property/Casualty.

Thanks. I have those as well and have used some of them in the past. However, they're more applicable to the P&C crowd. The L&H crowds needs something more up their alley. Some of the examples on that list could be used for generic sessions, but I'm still searching for some good ones that really work better for the L&H folks.

Thanks again.

Back