Existing Customers Commission and Appointment Cancel

zafarkgk

I recently joined a life insurance company. I was not known before joining the company that I have to cancel my appointment with all company I was appointed before joining the company.

My question is in case If I cancel my appointment with the company like Anthem, Aetna, what will happen to my commission. They will stop my commission or they will keep sending commission due to the reason that I write those clients before cancel of my appointment with them.

My new company stressing a lot to cancel all my appointment, I do not know what should I do , how I can prevent loss of my commission. It takes long time and hard effort of me to have those clients. Any advise will be highly appreciated.

they will stop the commission also as your appointments ended . it is also mentioned in the employment contract that you sign .

It depends on your contract, ask the carriers and they will tell you. In fact, depending on your agency agreement, as long as you have an active State License, they have to pay you. Aetna will certainly continue to pay you as long as you are licensed. The responses to your post are baffling to say the least.

I still receive commissions from 4 different life and health carriers for which I'm no longer appointed.

I recently joined a life insurance company. I was not known before joining the company that I have to cancel my appointment with all company I was appointed before joining the company.

My question is in case If I cancel my appointment with the company like Anthem, Aetna, what will happen to my commission. They will stop my commission or they will keep sending commission due to the reason that I write those clients before cancel of my appointment with them.

My new company stressing a lot to cancel all my appointment, I do not know what should I do , how I can prevent loss of my commission. It takes long time and hard effort of me to have those clients. Any advise will be highly appreciated.

While I certainly empathize with your situation, and I understand you are looking for a solution (which I will in fact address) -- I have taken the liberty of bolding part of your above post. Something like this concerns me. Is this the way to start off a relationship with a company. The company, and the people you were dealing with, were not up front with you about cancelling all of the appointments with other companies.

That said, I suggest you call up each of the companies and speak with them. Will a company continue to pay you without a contract? It's possible. I am sure you will have to provide proof of still being licensed. Good luck.

Back