Expectations About Appointments

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
Guys,

Just wondering what everyone else does and what my real expectations should be...FYI I'm talking to the LIFE, Annuity, LTC & DI sales guys.

How many appointments do you run per week?

How many sales do you make per week/month and average monthly earnings?

What products do you primarily sell?

What activities do you do to obtain prospects?

What marketing do you do?

How many cold calls do you make?

Thanks!

Re: Expectations

The traditional life insurance career metrics are:

18 meetings held weekly, likely 25 to 30 set to get there.

100 lives placed annually, probably 125 applications written to get there.

$100,000+ premium, more to hit MDRT.

I am not a big producer like some on this board, but aspire to be. Every time I focus on my calendar, good things happen. I fill up the open spots by calling small businesses owners for 5 minute introductions. My other sources are client referrals and referrals from COI's (registered reps and P&C agents).

Can you give some examples of good 5 minute intros? I am struggling here with a good initial intro convo

I just show a one pager on what I do, then start asking questions trying to find a reason to get back together. It's the furthest thing from smooth, blunt and to the point.

It basically goes like this for me:

"You must be John?"

"John, FT with ABC Financial. I'm the guy that called this morning about stopping out to introduce myself, do you still have a couple minutes?"

"As I told you on the phone, I'll be brief. I simply wanted to find out if I can be a resource for you, either now or possibly sometime down the road. If I can, great. If not, I'll be out that door fairly quickly. Fair enough?"

"I'm in the death, disability, and retirement business. More than likely you'll exit your business when you retire. However, there are two things that can trip you before retiring, which would be a death or disability. What would you say is your biggest concern at this point?"

I get to it that fast. If they say nothing, I ask to share an idea with them that my clients have been finding helpful. If they give me something to work with, I ask more questions about that area. Most don't go anywhere fast, but about 1 in 5 becomes an immediate case opened. I disqualify a few and get permission to keep in contact with others.

Back