Feds Nationalizing Financial Services Industry

We already have/had most of what is on your list, paradigm. Before the government bails anybody out. Especially #4-8.

We already have/had most of what is on your list, paradigm. Before the government bails anybody out. Especially #4-8.

True but not to a destabilizing degree. 6.1 % unemployment is nothing and we havent even had 1 quarter of negative growth yet. I dont know about you but I have felt very little difference if any in my business from this subprime crisis

Exactly, because they owe the Federal Reserve, ever since they allowed them to print money. Does the depression ring a bell. It's history repeating itself.

The difference between the great depression of 29-33 is that the Fed tightened money supply, thereby making financial failure a certainty. Today, the Fed is fast to react to print money and flood the markets with capital whenever we hit a rocky spot such as this. The result will be hyperinflation, much like Germany of 1923... wheel barrow;s full of paper money to purchase a loaf of bread...

Of course it is hopeful that the German fate will be avoided, but the shrinking of the money supply will not happen again, thereby averting the exact happening of the depression. Not sure that the end result won't be the same, but definitely approaching it from a different direction entirely.

Seatbelt fastened, and rocky road guaranteed ahead. There will be some interesting times but hopefully not too interesting (or startling).

Buy wheat and wheat flour futures in case the cost of bread goes sky-high. I can see it now - First Federal Bread Company.

:cool:

Great idea. I am going to try to get a government loan to buy those futures. If they do well, I win and if they tank, I will have the government pick up the tab. It's the French......er.....ahhh...American way.

:cool:

Latest posts

Back