Financial Planner in Northeast OH Looking for P&C Agency for Clients

CFP83

Guru
100+ Post Club
*I posted this in the P&C section as well, however I thought this section might be more appropriate as it is concerning a referral to an agency.

I need a trusted P&C agency in Central or Northeastern Ohio.....here's the backstory.

One of the areas of specialty for our firm (I own a small Canton Ohio based RIA) is our fee-based financial planning service. As part of our annual financial-planning process each year with each client we look into their tax situation/estate planning/protection planning to make sure there are no gaps or “blind spots” so to speak. As a part of our planning software, we have copies of all our clients dec pages and have their policy info entered into their financial plan. The overall plan is extremely comprehensive and provides the client their own personal secure website to view their plan (we use a software called eMoney).

My issue is this, I need to create a meaningful & mutually beneficial relationship with a successful, independent P&C agency in central or northeastern Ohio. I'm looking for an agency who actively does business with many carriers and doesn't simply push all their business to one carrier like a captive.

Common issues I'm seeing as I review our clients dec pages are limits of liability coverage being drastically less than the clients net-worth.......$500 deductibles for someone who has 100k in cash. Silly items that just show a lack of attention and lack of relationship.

I have been working with my independent P&C broker where I have all of my policies (including a 9k per year commerical policy through westfield that covers all of my single-family rental properties). Although I have given him 11 of my client households already this year....he's not too excited about taking on more.... I have emailed him on 5 other clients this past week that want to switch to him and he replied that he's not sure if "he'll have the time to get to them for 3-4 weeks. Bottom line, he's fat dumb and happy collecting his renewal stream. He doesn't like the work of putting all the info together. I am bringing him clients on a silver platter here......I have already sold them on working with an indy agent and the fact that he is trusted.....they are ready to go. As if the above were not ridiculous enough, he has not referred us business. Be it investments, life insurance (which they don't do) or clients needing advanced financial planning....he trips over 10-12 opportunities a year where we could tremendously help his client and improve their overall situation.

Long and short, if you are located in Central or Northeastern Ohio contact me as I need to remedy this situation.

We would be more than happy to offer our services. We are an Independent Agency and feel we have enough options for our clients and future clients to be happy. We have an annual review program in place for our clients which gives us the opportunity to stay on top of changes...etc. We also take pride in offering our clients the maximum liability limits offered on property through our companies and our book is 95% 100/300/100 and higher. We have a penetration rate of about 35% households with umbrellas. Message me if you would like to chat by phone. We can set up a time. Thanks.

We would be more than happy to offer our services. We are an Independent Agency and feel we have enough options for our clients and future clients to be happy. We have an annual review program in place for our clients which gives us the opportunity to stay on top of changes...etc. We also take pride in offering our clients the maximum liability limits offered on property through our companies and our book is 95% 100/300/100 and higher. We have a penetration rate of about 35% households with umbrellas. Message me if you would like to chat by phone. We can set up a time. Thanks.

I see that was your 1st post....are you in Ohio? What part?
Who are some of your main carrier relationships?

Man CFP, that is crazy. Who turns down that type of relationship with business offered up like that? I'm sure you will find someone good. Wish I lived closer and did P&C, that is a dream relationship for anyone in this business.

And I have no idea how the first time posters find these type of posts... seems like it happens every time someone posts something like this.

I lost my pw and un and had to start over. so it looks like my first post but isn't. I've been on here a long time. don't comment a lot but definitely read and observe..lol.

Yes we are in ohio. I've been an agent a little over 10 years now. Love what we do and helping people. Looking forward to the next 10...lol

Man CFP, that is crazy. Who turns down that type of relationship with business offered up like that? I'm sure you will find someone good. Wish I lived closer and did P&C, that is a dream relationship for anyone in this business.

And I have no idea how the first time posters find these type of posts... seems like it happens every time someone posts something like this.

It boggles my mind as well.
I have been busting it for 13 years, never letting any amount of success change my work ethic. Helping people is energizing and the more you do it the more you want to grow so that you can even make bigger impacts.

.....or at least thats the way some people think.

I know, just from this forum, there are tons of great people in the P&C world, doing what's best for their clients, doing their due-diligence to find the best products at the best prices, and developing long-term centers of influence or referral relationships. I just can't find any of those types in my backyard.

I do not want to just turn my clients over to anyone......I have everything to lose and nothing to really gain. I want to ensure that whatever agency I team up with has a similar ideology of what the client service experience/buying process should look like.

My family has an independent agency for almost 40 years in NEO, but they dont handle commercial. Id like to talk with you to see if we might be a fit. I wont earn anything from this, so I am in the same boat as you, but I'd like to see if I can help. I also know some captive agencies here, Liberty Mutual and Nationwide, if you want more choices for your clients than Progressive, Grange etc.
Good luck with search!

I'm a Ohio native that has since relocated to Delaware. My partner & I will have the ability to write in Ohio within the next few weeks (we launched our brokerage in Wilmington, DE late September). Not sure if this arrangement would work given the fact we don't have a physical office in Ohio... We can handle commercial risks no problem.

However, we are very much of the same mindset. We're not out to leave our clients exposed & left holding the bag when the music stops. Let me know if you think this could work & I'd be happy to discuss further. If not, cheers and best of luck to you!

Back