Florida Insurance Agent Felony??

oxide

Hey everyone,
I'm 26, and have been fighting a felony charge of Aggravated battery.
I've been fighting it for a year, I had a witness onboard with me (my ex-girlfriend) but I don't know if they're still gonna help me. I have trial coming up in 2 months.
Now here's the question with a felony conviction in the state of florida, if my application for my 2-15 License (Life, Health, Variable annuity) gets kicked backed and declined. Does anyone know if there is an appeals board that I can present myself before?

Also does anyone know if this could stop me from legally being able to be a subagent? (working under anothers licensing)
I started my License course right before the incident occured on my birthday of 2012, I didn't finish it because of this incident.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try to get my charge dropped to a misdemeanor if my witness declines helping me.

Please let me know. I've been in a Giant Rutt since that incident occured.
-Thanks

Upon conviction, no you will not be able to work as an agent, service rep, or anything connected with a fiduciary position in Florida.

This is your one and only opportunity to hire the best legal counsel you can in order to protect your future.

If you had it reduced to a misdemeanor, you would be able to get a license, but would be frowned upon by many L&H companies you'd try to contract with.

The best bet is to pull out all stops NOW and get the best legal counsel to try to throw the case out, file motions to suppress, if possible, or negotiate a pre-trial solution rather than conviction, as a last resort.

If there is a witness in your case, a subpoena compelling their testimony negates their option of deciding whether or not to testify. Again, your lawyer should be able to help you here, too, by having obtained a deposition as early as possible when they're available.

Keep fighting.. your future is on the line.

Hey everyone,
I'm 26, and have been fighting a felony charge of Aggravated battery.
I've been fighting it for a year, I had a witness onboard with me (my ex-girlfriend) but I don't know if they're still gonna help me. I have trial coming up in 2 months.
Now here's the question with a felony conviction in the state of florida, if my application for my 2-15 License (Life, Health, Variable annuity) gets kicked backed and declined. Does anyone know if there is an appeals board that I can present myself before?

Also does anyone know if this could stop me from legally being able to be a subagent? (working under anothers licensing)
I started my License course right before the incident occured on my birthday of 2012, I didn't finish it because of this incident.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try to get my charge dropped to a misdemeanor if my witness declines helping me.

Please let me know. I've been in a Giant Rutt since that incident occured.
-Thanks

Upon conviction, no you will not be able to work as an agent, service rep, or anything connected with a fiduciary position in Florida.

This is your one and only opportunity to hire the best legal counsel you can in order to protect your future.

If you had it reduced to a misdemeanor, you would be able to get a license, but would be frowned upon by many L&H companies you'd try to contract with.

The best bet is to pull out all stops NOW and get the best legal counsel to try to throw the case out, file motions to suppress, if possible, or negotiate a pre-trial solution rather than conviction, as a last resort.

If there is a witness in your case, a subpoena compelling their testimony negates their option of deciding whether or not to testify. Again, your lawyer should be able to help you here, too, by having obtained a deposition as early as possible when they're available.

Keep fighting.. your future is on the line.

I second this. You need to do whatever it takes to get the money for a good good lawyer. You're going to get as much justice as you can afford. You have two months so you need to beg and borrow, sale your stuff, (don't steal) work 18 hours a day to get a good lawyer that can get this charge at least downgraded.

Make sure you interview all lawyers carefully because after the case, no matter the outcome, they've been paid and will walk away. Fighting to overturn on appeal is an up hill battle that you don't want. So be very proactive and do whatever you can while you still have some control. Don't know the details but either way this should be a wake up call for change.

You have been given excellent advice. A felony conviction will follow you forever and have devastating consequences. I have a nephew that received a felony conviction assault and he can't get a decent job and many other problems, good luck. Finding the right attorney is so important and it won't be cheap and they will want most of their fee upfront.

Back