Florida Non Resident License with Felony.

Georgia does not allow forgery records being expunged ever. Many other states will allow it or at least consider it.

Hi everyone sorry this has o be my first post but i'm in need of advice. I have a resident Georgia license and am also non residence licensed in about 17 other states from a company that I use to work for.
I recently got hired at another company who writes majority of their business in Florida. I have a felony of 1st degree forgery from about 16 years ago when I was 18. I was able to obtain my other licenses with a 1033 waiver but I know Florida does not accept those.
Does anyone have advice or experience on rather Florida will excuse my background and accept my Florida non resident application and grant me licensing. I k is everything is at the boards discretion.
Help!
Thank you in advance.

Probably done on a case-by-case basis. Only one way to find out, and that is apply. It only cost a few bucks to find out. My guess is "you've been approved" by so many other states, why would Florida be any different?

Look at their rules (i remember reading something about a 10 yr mark for felonies or something to that affect).

Besides, 16 yrs is a long time ago....give it a shot.

*I don't know if this helps but it looks pretty interesting.

LINK

~M

They don't convict you of Felony forgery unless you committed fraud that resulted in material loss for the injured party. Not exactly the same as "forging your signature on your report card". I so hate false equivalencies! :no:

This was half a life ago for the OP. And we have no idea of the circumstances. And even if the OP does not deserve to be licensed, there is no need for derogatory comments.

As a society we supposedly believe in redemption and remediation. The idea that a person can turn his or her life around and become a productive member of society. That said, crimes of dishonesty or a financial nature definitely should have a higher bar to clear before getting licensed in insurance, finance or anything similar. However, 16 states have given this person a chance, and the application would have had to be reviewed in every situation.

Why should a convicted forger even be able to work in this business? Shame on GA and those other 17 states for even granting you a license. Why don't you go sell mobile homes or work in some other sleazy business. I know I wouldn't entrust an insurance application to someone with a record of forging signatures. :skeptical:

LOL...we've had Presidents who committed these crimes and way worse. We then gave them power, position and lifetime pensions (You gotta be kidding me).

I knew a few convicts who got out and turned their life's completely around. Of course they had family, friends and a good church behind them. A 16 yr old Felony???? Wat da?? If she wants to play with fire again, she will get burned. Based on her words, i would say she's probably a producer. Why don't you give her a job at your office. My bet is, She'll out produce you!

No rock for me then! When I was that same age, I was forging my parent's signature on my high school report card.

And I forged grades in a teachers grade books on two different occasions when I was in high school.

LOL...hell, i grew up in a Foster home in Miami (i can't say what i got away with when i was 18).

~G

Florida is one of the few states that won't accept reciprocity if you're licensed in another state and requires you use their vendor to get fingerprinted. They seem very strict and i thinks its because they're protecting the biggest senior population in the nation.

Georgia does not allow forgery records being expunged ever. Many other states will allow it or at least consider it.

Florida is one of the few states that won't accept reciprocity if you're licensed in another state and requires you use their vendor to get fingerprinted. They seem very strict and i thinks its because they're protecting the biggest senior population in the nation.

Both are true. Although the circumstances here are by chance, the OP couldn't have hand picked two tougher states to do this.

Just an update on my situation for anyone who cares. I submitted my application to Florida paid my fees and sent fingerprints etc. Florida reached out to me to ask for details on my past arrest/conviction, court records etc. so the application is still pending. It's been almost a month though. I submitted the app on May 1st. The company that I got hired for the works in Florida has put me on administrative leave until I get my Florida non resident license. After training I wasn't able to start working because of that so I guess I understand their decision. I'm thinking I should just look for another job. One that only deals with Georgia or one of the other states I am licensed in because there's no telling how long the Florida thing will take. I really love the insurance industry and have really grown a passion for it. Despite what anyone else says I am a really good person and a great producer. I was number one sells person in 2016 for my last company. I won't let this get me down and will keep pushing to overcome this situation. I refuse to let something that happened when I was 19/20 years old stop me from being successful. Enjoy your evening everyone.

Just an update on my situation for anyone who cares. I submitted my application to Florida paid my fees and sent fingerprints etc. Florida reached out to me to ask for details on my past arrest/conviction, court records etc. so the application is still pending. It's been almost a month though. I submitted the app on May 1st. The company that I got hired for the works in Florida has put me on administrative leave until I get my Florida non resident license. After training I wasn't able to start working because of that so I guess I understand their decision. I'm thinking I should just look for another job. One that only deals with Georgia or one of the other states I am licensed in because there's no telling how long the Florida thing will take. I really love the insurance industry and have really grown a passion for it. Despite what anyone else says I am a really good person and a great producer. I was number one sells person in 2016 for my last company. I won't let this get me down and will keep pushing to overcome this situation. I refuse to let something that happened when I was 19/20 years old stop me from being successful. Enjoy your evening everyone.

I admire your attitude. Keep that up and you will reach your potential.

Did Florida ever approve your license?

Back