Found My Niche....I Hope

arkansaslr

Expert
Ok Folks It's me again and I need some feedback......

I am rookie in this business and i have read countless post on Do's and Don'ts and it has really opened my eyes so First I Say THANK YOU ALL....

But I have also read and listened to many say Find a Niche or something that you know you would be passionate about and work it hard..... So here I go....

I need a Contract that will issue policies to those who have health issues, be its a previous heart attack, stroke, OVER WEIGHT or whatever other health condition that would cause a Underwriter to say NO...

But the kicker is I don't need it to be 65+ which I know that Mutual of Omaha's " N" plan will do because it has no underwriting..... but what about those who are younger and have heath issues....

My Experiment: I went to the busiest McDonalds in the City and camped out there.....

I had a very clear view of the traffic to reduce my falsely judging someone.... but what I found that in my 2 hrs there I counted about 59 people who went through the drive through that were obviously overweight and the numbers grew larger as the lunch hours ended....

Now being previously over weight I am not looking down on anyone not even a little but because I have been there...

But If I were a gambling I'd bet the 80% would not pass underwriting ..

So I am seeking advice on who I can contract with that offers some options to those with of course health issues.......I ALSO JOINED MY LOCAL GYM :err:

I look forward to replies here or at

cscott99 at gmail.com

Thanks In Advance

Chris

P.S...If I offend anyone it's not intended to and please keep those feelings to yourself.... I am simply looking to find a solution to a obvious problem

You never specified what line you want, but I guess you're talking health insurance.

What you are looking for doesn't exist. Sure, you can get health insurance for people with certain health conditions, but not everyone. Additionally, they are going to be charged more for it, probably more than they are willing to pay.

Trust me, if such a product existed, everyone would already be all over it. Oh sure, people will tell you to sell them mini-meds, but that isn't the answer.

There are graded products and the like for those that are in seriously bad health.

But you'd be amazed at how many who are overweight, have health issues, etc. that will qualify standard or rated policies from the larger carriers. Its just a matter of working with a good GA and learning each carrier's niche.

Also no one product is going to be the answer. You will need several. Several do not care about build RNA is one. Others are very forgiving such as Fidelity. Also American Memorial and Columbian MDO come to mind.

I'd wager you'll have a harder time getting them to admit they are fat and pony up the money for coverage, than getting them covered.

Many people with serious health conditions are in denial about it. Their doctor told them that they are healthy for someone that is 5'5" 400 lbs with type 2 diabetes. All they heard was "You are healthy...". Now, if you can find that unhealthy person who knows it, they will be forever grateful that you got them coverage.

Fidelity, United Home Life, Assurity all come to mind.
Some may have to go on Graded or Modified DB - but Fidelity goes to Table 8 I think.

A thing about Fidelity that is different. When the term period ends the premium stays the same. The death benefit adjust. So the client does not lose all the coverage.
Very high premium. But cheaper than $ 0.

one thing you're overlooking and volagent touched on it, is out of those 80 people going through the drive through, how many of them actually want insurance?

Just cause they're unhealthy, fat, pre diabetic and all that doesn't mean for a second they've thought or cared about life insurance.

If you are just starting out, the only niche market you need is.. anybody you can find that wants life insurance, health insurance, heck, any thing you can write!

Gain experience, gain a client base before you move off to niche marketing or I think you may niche yourself right out of business.

When I started many years ago (when dinosuars and the flintstones existed) my NYL sales manager pushed life only, life only, life only..... When he left the room a very senior agent stood up and told all of us newbies.. sell what ever somebody wants, if you specialize too early, you'll be gone. Health commissions pay bills, buys gas and lunch. You just want to generate income. After you've built an income stream, then you can consider a niche.

but hey, that's just my opinion, cept if I sold just life, I would have been gone a long time ago rahter than starting my 22 year.

Back