Gas Prices Starting to Effect Sales?

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
As I sit here getting ready for my outside sales appointment tomorrow. I find I am at that point where gas prices are starting to affect my business.

My client and I are going over the options on the phone and she says "well I know that I need the larger one but with the commute cost going up so much, maybe I better only do the $XXX. one" She does not say the face amount but the premium amount. They are long time clients and I write many of their family members so I would drive out to see her anyway. However, at $4.12 a gallon and 120 miles away I find myself calculating the cost v reward.

I decided to get out and press the flesh more this year and I will. However....

Anyone else seeing clients starting to hold back due to raising commute cost. Probably does not affect the retired crowd as much but the working class is starting to notice.

Agreed, Lee. I am doing my 1st ever application-by-mail for an existing client down in Arkansas.

And I hate that I am doing it.

Agreed, Lee. I am doing my 1st ever application-by-mail for an existing client down in Arkansas.

And I hate that I am doing it.

Some cases I really have no choice. I am doing apps in Alaska 3,200 miles away and Oceanside,CA 300 miles. But the closer ones that are clients or I feel that I have a good chance of doing bigger sales and picking up other business I want to start doing more F2F again. But Man! I wanted to shake the moths out of the old Suburban this weekend, But that makes for a $50+ appointment.

$6.00 one way Priority Mail with tracking looks pretty good.

Use it to your advantage!

I made a post on my fanpage, with an article title, is $5 a gallon gas coming? My post was something to the effect, this could be reality, we can help you offset the cost of this, by saving you money on your insurance......got a couple hits from it...

Back