Georgia IMO

Are there any good Georgia based IMOs I can join?

I'm a new agent and have great b2b potential with mid sized companies (200 full time employees and up).

I need a company with extensive experience in group / corporate benefits / retirement / I can offer my clients.

Need an IMO that would help assess existing plans and help prepare proposals and help close the deals. Then on the back end help with the paperwork. Also, I need to keep my clients under my name (for obvious reasons). So no assignment of commissions and I would like to keep the renewels. I don't need advances, I would prefer to be paid as earned.

Don't need greedy IMOs either. Read on previous posts that there are quite a few IMOs that keep a huge chunk of the commissions.

Please advise. Thank you!

Last edited:
Two and a half recommendations:
  1. The Palmer Agency in Decatur (The Palmer Agency) - ask to speak to Ron or Jimmy. They are mostly Life and DI, but they do other work as well. They will treat you like royalty, and not take a big haircut off the top.
  2. The Milner Group in Lawrenceville (Milner Group > Home) - ask for Chip Milner. They will take a larger cut than Palmer, but you get the same level of service as Palmer.
  3. 2.5 Call Nancy Riedel (Ree-dul) at Benefits Tree (BenefitsTree, LLC). PM me for her number if interested. She concentrates in retirement planning, IFP and Group Benefits.

My questions is why does the IMO need to be in Georgia?
Are you expecting them to go with you to fill out group plans apps as well?

It's comforting to know that, if you need something right away, you can stop by and pick it up (e.g. a last minute quote, a brochure, some face-to-face explanation on a coverage).

Also, if you are just starting out, perhaps they may go out on a call with you. In the very beginning Palmer held my hand ran, and reran quotes, answered numerous phone calls, and they were close by, so I didn't need to store a ton of brochures and forms.

There are several index annuity IMO's located in GA as well and some are better than others. Will you be using these products in your practice?

Last edited:
You only need a life license to offer index annuities in the state of GA.(and most other states) Might be a nice additional to your practice if you are dealing with business owners.
The variable annuities are the ones that require an individual to be a registered rep.

Back