Georgia Sub-Agents

Can you pay commissions to employees who hold Georgia sub-agent (or limited sub-agent) licenses?

I have been given conflicting answers to this question from the commissioner's office!!!!!!!!!!

I greatly appreciate your responses!

Yes - you can.

They cannot bind business.

They can only function for their assigned writing agent.

They can qualify the lead, quote the lead, complete the app, deliver paperwork, ask health questions - everything the writing agent can do EXCEPT bind the business (sign the app, etc)

Tom

Yes - you can.

They cannot bind business.

They can only function for their assigned writing agent.

They can qualify the lead, quote the lead, complete the app, deliver paperwork, ask health questions - everything the writing agent can do EXCEPT bind the business (sign the app, etc)

Tom

I know this might be a little off topic but we don't have these type of agents in Maine...Do the sub-agent have to take the insurance exam? Is it watered down? Why would someone want to be a sub-agent?

Peter

Do the sub-agent have to take the insurance exam?

No - just take a 20 hour Pre-Licensing Course and get a Sub Agents license for $70 a year.

Why would someone want to be a sub-agent?

Agencies sometimes do this to hold the sub captive - since they can only work with one writing agent OR so the sub can sell multiple lines without having to test for each.

Perhaps someone doesn't test well.

They may not want to do the CE requirements.

Maybe they can't get a agents license because of certain occurrences in their past.

Tom

Back