Getting Licensed this Month

kobebryant24

want to start out as as independent agent covering MP,FE AND FIXED ANNUITIES

1-is it better to go with a firm like equita or fx-and purchase your own leads,,or work for agency which promotes team building such as Leazer Group..I think at 70% rate-that maybe too low to start with the cost of repurchasing leads monthly at 35-40 pp

2-how "exclusive" can the leads you purchased be if several firms offering the same exclusivity/ will clients in the area be unindated with lead cards or door knocks? my OPINION is you can be a very successful agent without the team or mlm component if the vested renewals are there..

3-understanding this is 1099 commission driven, the residual component long term obviously makes the most sense-so should the focus be on LI?

UNDERSTOOD-THAT THIS IS A LOADED QUESTION -feedback appreciated-either way-Ive grown another business and sold-so going in eyes wide open ty

1-is it better to go with a firm like equita or fx-and purchase your own leads,,or work for agency which promotes team building such as Leazer Group..I think at 70% rate-that maybe too low to start with the cost of repurchasing leads monthly at 35-40 pp

2-how "exclusive" can the leads you purchased be if several firms offering the same exclusivity/ will clients in the area be unindated with lead cards or door knocks? my OPINION is you can be a very successful agent without the team or mlm component if the vested renewals are there..

3-understanding this is 1099 commission driven, the residual component long term obviously makes the most sense-so should the focus be on LI?

UNDERSTOOD-THAT THIS IS A LOADED QUESTION -feedback appreciated-either way-Ive grown another business and sold-so going in eyes wide open ty

1. Start captive and learn on some elses dime. Make sure to get an upfront release.

2. No lead is ever exclusive.

3. The long term money in LI will take years to build up, for most agents, its all about the first year commission.

Ty sir. captive limits options .but in agreement on rest. Thanks for responding.

Exactly! I'm not against going captive, but it's not a bad idea if you need the hands on training. With all of the training out there online now, you may want to reconsider going captive.

There are a million resources out there for agents wanting to go independent, whether they're new to the industry or have been captive and want a change.

The only exclusive leads are the ones you generate yourself.

I say go independent if you're confident & believe you will be able to thrive! Although having the backing of a solidified team can have numerous benefits, producing independently can be extremely beneficial for you in a number of ways as well.

Back