Gifts from Clients this Time of Year

I don't expect gifts from clients but I do get them. Last year I got an edible arrangement, a couple of gift cards, one to a local restaurant, and a few other items.

I guess some agents give gifts? There's only one of me and hundreds of them. Thus far I've gotten one gift, but it is a really nice one, an antique marlin knife.

What's your experience?

No ribbon candy?

The nicest gifts I get from clients is referrals. You must treat your clients a lot better than you treat your friends on the forum.

Is Rick still your friend?

I usually get a couple of gifts each year this time of year. Just got a gift basket of various cheeses from one client. Another client sent me some Omaha Steaks recently. But he's a friend also so maybe he sent it because we are friends.

And I agree with Bob, the best gift of all are the referrals they send my way.

Gifts come in all shapes, sizes, and molecular structure. The best gift is the one that keeps on giving. I have a client that gave her husband herpes. Now He's in the house, she's in an apartment, without her daughter, but has to pay for the child's health insurance.

Gifts come in all shapes, sizes, and molecular structure. The best gift is the one that keeps on giving. I have a client that gave her husband herpes. Now He's in the house, she's in an apartment, without her daughter, but has to pay for the child's health insurance.

Sounds like at least a little justice to me!

I think that's reverse rebating and you should be reported to both the irs and insurance dept. these kind of acts must stop

There would be something wrong with anything the agent did. If I offered anyone that buys a policy from me the first month for one dollar and then they pay full premium from the second month on, I would be in big trouble and most likely lose my license. Yet, Globe Life does that very thing every day.

Bertolinoins said:
I get presents from my carriers but not clients. I give presents to my top 20 or so clients.

Gifts from carriers are they any good...I remember back when I was selling mutual funds and American Funds had a club for certain sales volume. I got a note paper holder in plastic...I still have my whale statue from Pacific life, say what you want about AFLAC but my kids loved that aflac quacking duck.

I much prefer the cards I get from some wholesalers that are not the generic company ones....It makes you think they care well at least until they still reference the B/D you left 3 1/2 years ago.

Gifts from carriers are they any good...I remember back when I was selling mutual funds and American Funds had a club for certain sales volume. I got a note paper holder in plastic...I still have my whale statue from Pacific life, say what you want about AFLAC but my kids loved that aflac quacking duck.

I much prefer the cards I get from some wholesalers that are not the generic company ones....It makes you think they care well at least until they still reference the B/D you left 3 1/2 years ago.

Sees candy, caramel corn, Harry & David type of stuff. My carriers are pretty good to me.

Back