Gitomers New Book

Here's my favorite part:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Who do you trust?
Why do you trust?
Who trusts you?
[/FONT]

When you make a sale, the first thing you do is celebrate the victory. That’s OK for a minute or two, but you have to make more sales.

What you really should do after a sale is determine how the sale was made, and why the customer bought from you. This critical information will lead you to the next sale in half the time. Or less.

For years I have employed this sales law: If they like you, and they believe you, and they have confidence in you, and they trust you – then they may buy from you.

The customer bought because they trusted you. But in order to gain that trust, they first had to like you AND believe you AND have confidence in you. If those three elements were not present, trust (or trust enough to purchase) would not have followed.

CAUTION: There’s a variation of this law. In sales, trust or no trust, sometimes customers will just take the lowest price. Avoid these people.

Why does one business person trust another business person? Trust is a perception and a realization. It’s based on initial feelings and perceptions by the prospective customer. Value perception being a huge one. If the prospect feels value, they will begin to believe, have confidence, and maybe even purchase.

Relationships are based on trust. Engagements and interactions over time, words and deeds over time. They’re based on a past history of performance. Trust is not given, trust is earned. And trust is not earned in a day, it’s earned day by day.

It may take two years to earn trust. But it only takes one minute to lose it. And the difference is two letters UN – truth or untruth.

Why do you trust somebody? Think about the criteria in your mind that creates permission to trust someone else. Then think of the people you trust and ask yourself why do you trust them? Reliability? Consistency? Long-term friendship? A giving person? A truthful person? An understanding person? A person whose words and thoughts and deeds you’ve come to rely on and depend on in times of need. And someone who performs these things for you without any motive. Without any agenda. Without any expectation of something in return.

Trust is not complex. Many of the answers you come up with as to why you trust others, will lead you to your own game plan to become trustworthy.

Here are some simple elements of trust that you must MASTER in order to make it possible for a relationship to blossom:

Tell the truth. This is the number one element of trust AND relationships. Once truth has been violated, trust evaporates and may never return.
Deliver what you promise. People hope and expect you to deliver on promises.
Do what you say you will do. This is a test for being reliable and trustworthy.
Communicate in a timely manner. Rapid response shows you are responsible, on top of it, and that you care.
Bring value beyond your product or service. What you do to help others be more successful will be a true reflection of your character.
Be on time. Being on time shows you respect the other person’s time. It also proves your reliability.

Im sorry for stepping on toes, but IF you HAVE to read a book on earning and keeping a person's trust, then you can't and don't deserve it. I have read two of his little books and found them useless except for motivation. Just not my cup of tea. I hate books that keep preaching YOU CAN, YOU CAN, YOU CAN, YOU CAN........ without really going into HOW...

You wanna know how to make a million? write a book about financial ideas for poor folks, or a book on sales. 90% of the books I've read (and I have read a lot) are empty in knowledge and full of motivation, which is a good thing, to a point. But don't you guys get tired of being preached at? I know I sure do...

I guess thats why I really enjoy this forum... You get motivated, but you get TONS of knowledge and "how to" as well...

Im sorry for stepping on toes, but IF you HAVE to read a book on earning and keeping a person's trust, then you can't and don't deserve it. I have read two of his little books and found them useless except for motivation. Just not my cup of tea. I hate books that keep preaching YOU CAN, YOU CAN, YOU CAN, YOU CAN........ without really going into HOW...

You wanna know how to make a million? write a book about financial ideas for poor folks, or a book on sales. 90% of the books I've read (and I have read a lot) are empty in knowledge and full of motivation, which is a good thing, to a point. But don't you guys get tired of being preached at? I know I sure do...

I guess thats why I really enjoy this forum... You get motivated, but you get TONS of knowledge and "how to" as well...

Not to mention the price is right!:laugh:

So have you made a million? Or do you just know how?

The more positivity and repetition you send in, the more comes out, or garbage and negativity in, garbage and negativity out.

The problem is many aren't applying the knowledge that is taught, the book itself won't do it for you. I remember a guy saw me reading Think and Grow Rich, he said he got nothing from it.

I said did you read the whole thing? he said no, I said did you apply any of what it taught? He said no.

Does anyone think he was, is, or will ever be successful?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob...What he may be saying (Rebel), is that your shtick works for some people. But for many people (most?...I don't know.) it doesn't make a significant difference.

That's the way most things are.

Spellcheck was used with this post.

May be saying?

My "shtick" was not in question, was it?

Why you felt a need to bring that up and also respond for someone else offering what they "may be saying" is beyond me.

Maybe he meant Moonlight's shtick, maybe he meant you're gay, who knows?

If you're done being hall monitor, maybe he should respond . . .

maybe

:1laugh:

Rob...What he may be saying (Rebel), is that your shtick works for some people. But for many people (most?...I don't know.) it doesn't make a significant difference.

That's the way most things are.

Spellcheck was used with this post.

Back