Good Reason to Proactively Contact Clients

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Just posted an article (link below) about the importance and urgency reminding your clients with college-age children to immediately fill out their FAFSA form to give them the best shot at securing both merit and need-based scholarships and grants. Waiting could prove very costly in at least 17 states.

Also just thought it was a great reason to proactively contact clients as the New Year begins. But of course, not all clients have college-age children – curious as to some other good reasons out there right now to proactively contact clients, and whether you have processes in place that remind you to do so?

Insurance Forums | Smart move: Remind clients NOW to fill out the FAFSA

Beneficiary updates - complete change, name change, children coming of age, address/phone/email updates, getting permission to contact them, calling them, sending them contact information, offer to review their plans then AOR them, offer to review their families (in-laws) policies then AOR them, etc...

Policy review - conversion, upgrade amount, rewrite, set up a future rewrite, activate waiver of premium, reviews the need, roll into reviewing their other policies then AOR them, offer to do a review to their close friends and family as a favor to your clients then AOR those, educate them of current plans available... Etc..

Rinse and repete

If you do not call them, I will

Wino, I've never AORed someone. Would you mind running through a typical scenario on how that is accomplished?

Wino, I've never AORed someone. Would you mind running through a typical scenario on how that is accomplished?

A few companies require their own form, a few will take a verbal request from the owner, many will take a signed note.

Saw one in a pending file I was working on this morning. It was on an orphaned FE policy that I reviewed about twenty years ago. He died years ago. But I now insure a bunch of his family. He had an active agent but had not heard from him since the policy was issued. So I asked if he wanted an insurance agent. He said yes so I AOR'd it. Went on to write two more policies on him and started working for his family. I have his daughter, son in law, granddaughter, her husband and two great grandchildren in pending now. Oh, and the original agent is still in business.

Super rare an old agent contest me AORing their orphans. If it is a company I do not have I keep all the information in the file and still help with the service. I did a three way with Globe this morning.

AORing term has been very good for me.

A few companies require their own form, a few will take a verbal request from the owner, many will take a signed note. Saw one in a pending file I was working on this morning. It was on an orphaned FE policy that I reviewed about twenty years ago. He died years ago. But I now insure a bunch of his family. He had an active agent but had not heard from him since the policy was issued. So I asked if he wanted an insurance agent. He said yes so I AOR'd it. Went on to write two more policies on him and started working for his family. I have his daughter, son in law, granddaughter, her husband and two great grandchildren in pending now. Oh, and the original agent is still in business. Super rare an old agent contest me AORing their orphans. If it is a company I do not have I keep all the information in the file and still help with the service. I did a three way with Globe this morning. AORing term has been very good for me.

How much of your income was based on AORs over the years?

A few companies require their own form, a few will take a verbal request from the owner, many will take a signed note.

Saw one in a pending file I was working on this morning. It was on an orphaned FE policy that I reviewed about twenty years ago. He died years ago. But I now insure a bunch of his family. He had an active agent but had not heard from him since the policy was issued. So I asked if he wanted an insurance agent. He said yes so I AOR'd it. Went on to write two more policies on him and started working for his family. I have his daughter, son in law, granddaughter, her husband and two great grandchildren in pending now. Oh, and the original agent is still in business.

Super rare an old agent contest me AORing their orphans. If it is a company I do not have I keep all the information in the file and still help with the service. I did a three way with Globe this morning.

AORing term has been very good for me.

That sounds kind of kinky.:twitchy:

Back