Got Offered a Job at Allstate, Commission Only. HELP!

5harro90

Hi,

I recently got offered a job at Allstate, I am going to relocate though for the job.
This is how it breaks down:
0- $10k in written premium 10% of written premium
$10,001 - $15k 13% of written premium
$15,001- $20k is 17% of written premium
$20,001+ is 20% of written premium

Is this good? I am new to the insurance field, I am young 22, no kids, not married. I got some extra $ like 3k saved up, just in case. How hard is it to meet written premium?
If anyone could help me out would be great!
There's no base salary either just purely commission.

That doesn't look right at all. Sounds like a scratch agent contract.

Straight commission to some extent isn't a job offer. Are you in Norcal or Socal area and what license(s) do you have?

In my opinion, stay away from "scratch agencies".

They have been a recipe for failure and agents going broke.

If your hell bent on going to Allstate, ask the TAM to help you find an agent looking to leave and that will take a monthly payments for the purchase with little or no money down. Depending on where you are, there are some guys looking to leave but have no one to buy at a reasonable price.

I may be wrong, but from what I've seen of the "scratch agencies", they have been unsuccessful with managers that keep persisiting the agent to invest more and more money into the business.

They change their names every couple of years...doesn't matter because they are really useless.

All they do is communicate to the Agent by email. They don't even make regular visits to to the offices any longer.

But to answer your question, yep, I think they are also called MBC's.

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah, it's a sale producer job.
I live in SoCal, but relocating to Oregon.
How hard is it meeting premium?
Guy told me its Monday thru Friday only.
Opinions..?

If your moving to Oregon consider getting a nonresident license first and find out about how the licensing transfers from each insurance department. I think you do have the option of having your CA license become a nonresident once you cancel but as I mentioned check with CID to be sure.

If your going to be strictly commissioned with no benefits it might be a good idea to consider other options especially if you also have a life license.

Back