Great ways to make money, when you're broke

Here's a newbie question for you. I'm assuming you don't mean cold calling out of the phone book. So where do you get all of the cold calls? Businesses, individuals? It may sound like a stupid question but I'm truly curious. Do you just drive around and look? Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Of course, there are very few absolutes in anything, but...

In nearly twenty years in this business encompassing positions from producer to wholesaler to sales management, I've seen many successes - and many, many more failures.

All of the successful producers have a common thread; they understand the importance of marketing.

This business is 1% product knowledge, 1% sales "technique", and 98% marketing.

We can have all the "product" and "sales" knowledge in the world - but if we don't have anyone to practice it on - it's worthless!

100% agree with this. Marketing is EVERYTHING. People can't buy from you if they don't know about you. That may mean cold calling or whatever, but it's all about marketing and marketing the right way.

Last edited:
Good post, but I think your rate of cold calling service is quite high. There is no chance you will make 30-40 calls/hour. I use cold calling and Internet marketing to generate sales. IM is better so far.

Thanks for the kind words, odd this has been resurrected.

Anyway, if you are leaving messages (automated or not) and qualifying within 60 seconds of the word hello, you can easily make 30 to 40 calls an hour, the only thing that would prevent that is engaging in longer conversations which is a good thing and can be two situations:

1: If your intent is to set an appointment, with the few you will get to commit, that does not eat into much time, and

2: If you write biz over the phone and end up writing a sale (or fail after a presentation), yes, you won't make the same amount of calls in this case.

Oh and of course you actually have to work diligently to accomplish this.
:yes:

Good post, but I think your rate of cold calling service is quite high. There is no chance you will make 30-40 calls/hour. I use cold calling and Internet marketing to generate sales. IM is better so far.

:laugh:
No, I wouldn't cold call out of the phone book due to that very reason. That's why I'm asking where you go to create your cold call lists.

Sales genie is where you find leads to call. You pay a decent monthly fee but if you are working the lists your create you will have a decent ROI. The household lists are scrubed for you and b2b includes a lot of info.

Latest posts

Back