Group Health for Indy Agents

wfs

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm looking for group health for my family. Waiting for a quote from NASE, but I have to wait a week for them to call me back to gather the info (not sure what that's all about).

NAIFA doesn't have anything.
NEA doesn't have anything.

Not sure where to go. So far, the best I can do is an individual PPO plan, which is somewhat decent, for about $1000 per month for my whole family. Maybe I'm wasting my time trying to get something less expensive, but I also want a specific doctor for my kids, and he does not appear to be in any of the individual networks, only group networks.

Thoughts or ideas?

Thanks!

I don't have any first-hand experience with this one, but I thought I'd post the link anyway:

http://www.napa-benefits.org/benefits/health-insurance#

Unfortunately that plan is not a group plan. It is just an individual plan with a small association discount. It is through UHC last time I checked.

At one time NAPA had a true group plan if I remember correctly. I guess the census got too old/unhealthy.

Thanks for the replies. Now I wait for NASE to contact me. You can't even get a quote by calling. You must fill out a form on the website and "wait" for someone to call you. I called them, and that's what they told me. And it's at least 1 week before they get back with you.

I can't believe NAIFA doesn't have anything...

Back