GTBK Marketing Dennis Tubbergen

I have all of my files from them, I think,. emails, etc. But the Michigan Attorney General pretty much said I signed a contract, and they sent the materials so I was screwed. Never mind that I wanted out BEFORE the free look period expired.

So I don't know what can be done to them now. I just hope anyone else who was rear ended by these charlatans gets their damages.

Philip - You did sign and so did they. The trouble for them is that they didn't fulfill on their part of the deal. I just won back 75% of my money through a dispute I filed with my credit card company. The other 25% is in arbitration w/ VISA. I filed it in late August 2011 and it really became all mine again in late December 2011.
I won the arbitration [which now sets a precedent for everyone else] because I showed that GTBK never delivered the product stated in the Agreement, i.e. the 40/17 charitable "relationships." Not only that, there is nowhere in the Agreement where they give themselves a means for not providing those relationships to us. For example, the Agreement does not say "if Philip doesn't pay us all or some of the money, we are not obligated to provide any 'relationships.'" The Agreement is, in reality, not well written. It functions on innuendo and supposition and it suckered the best of us AND the AG with whom you spoke. Read it carefully and you will see - they MUST provide the "relationships" and because they didn't . . . they failed to provide the product in full. I didn't see it until after reading it many times.
Dennis, Fritz, CO, Mark Kubik, etc. are very bad at providing real proof for what they do and say, but really good at smoke and mirrors. We all got bamboozled but the game is over for them.
Also, GTBK stated they "terminated" my agreement because I didn't pay them all the money and THEY INFORMED ME I WAS TERMINATED in July which was a lie. In clause 13, it states any [such] communication must be done by "national overnight delivery" which they failed to do. If they provided some sort of a receipt with my signature on it, the Feds could bust their asses for forgery! Call me if you have any questions. 415.608.1961.

I have additional updates for everyone about the stituation.

It seems the Attorney General's office in Michigan is looking into my submission to their office of my complaint.

If you have not sent in a compliant to the Attorney General's office in regards to GTBK or Dennis Tubbergen, and have a complaint ,now may be the best time to submit it. Of course this is just my opinion. I noticed others who posted on here filed complaints before.

I have reliable information that GTBK and or Dennis has received an inquiry regarding my complaint to the Attorney General .

In addition many of you have contacted me and, per my attorney's request. he has aksed that you contact him regarding any issues you may have . See below

Dear Mr. Kennedy:
I understand there may be other individuals around the country who may have similar claims. Should any of these individuals wish to contact me directly to share their individual claims and damages, I would be more than happy to review same.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Very truly yours,

William D. Howard
HOWARD P.C.
25 Ionia Ave SW
Suite 230
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Ph (616) 235-6000; Fax (616) 235-6061
[email protected]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
My friend and I attended the seminar in Grand Rapids in February of 2010. We knew immediately that it was a scam. I called the Michigan Attorney-General to complain about them. At that time, we discussed the Michigan Business Opportunity law, which requires that those selling a business opportunity not ask you for the funds for a certain period of time after the presentation and after they have given you the success rate of purchasers, etc. I can't remember all of it now. But, since we didn't bite, we didn't have a case against them. Hope this gives some more ammunition to those who did bite!

Kennedy, the reason I knew it was a scam is because, 30 years ago, I paid $250 for a weekend seminar that turned out to be just a pitch for a $25,000 distributorship. Unfortunately, I signed up for it on the payment plan. When I discovered it was all a scam, I contacted the FBI. They investigated, but found nothing wrong. So, three of us started a newsletter, collected names, like you are doing (except we didn't have the internet to help us), and broke up seminars. We even got a reporter to do stories about it. Eventually, we got the State's Attorney in California, the FBI, and the Postal Inspector to do a joint investigation. The perp got 15 years for mail fraud, wire fraud, and bank fraud, served 6 years, and is doing motivational seminars even now. BTW, it wasn't his first scam. He had done it before. They made a movie about him called "Brainwash". So, when I saw the CC deal, it looked very familiar. Have you contacted the Postal Inspector? By using the mail to fish for prospects, he could be committing mail fraud. I think the USPS was our best contact.

I remember when I was there in Grand Rapids a few years ago. I thought it was strange when they started talking about upgrading on the first day. That was ALL they talked about on the second day. I did not invest anything. I gave them my PayPal number that only had a few dollars in it so nothing cleared. It was bad enough that I paid for the flight and hotel.:GEEK:

These people deserve all of the investigation and consequences that can be meted out to them. I had tried to cancel my contract with them THE DAY of their presentation, and they delayed talking to me until the 'statute' of limitations (i/e. 4 hours) passed. They rode this clause all of the way through my complaint to the Michigan Attorney General, the Wells Fargo Corporation, and the Minnesota Attorney General. They had angels dancing on the head of pins, and got to keep my money. I hope anyone else who goes after them gets everything back, and shuts them down.

Phillip, who said the statute of limitations was only four hours? You can't sign your rights away. Don't give up! In my case, we found that it took a lot of effort to get the proper authorities to take action. In fact, it wasn't until our perp told the FBI that one of us had made a bomb threat to him, that the FBI got off their duffs. When I got the call from the FBI, we finally got them turned around to investigate HIM. He didn't even sell the opportunity to residents of his own state because he knew that it was harder for out-of-state people to take any action against him. However, by selling to out-of-state people, he subjects himself to federal law. Check out the Michigan Consumer Protection Act (last couple paragraphs) and the FTC on business opportunity sales. I haven't posted enough here to allow me to post the URL's. I'm also not an attorney. So, these are just suggestions.

Back