GTBK Marketing Dennis Tubbergen

:sad:I would throw out anything you get in the mail from Dennis Tubbergen. He is a generally good commumicator and marketer, but his programs are too expensive, unproven and always try to upsell you. Beware of his too good to be true offers, because they are. After they bring you to a 2000 dollar seminar, then they spend two days trying to strong arm you into a 10000 system.

RUN RUN RUN!!!!! This organization is a total rip-off. Soaked me and my company for thousands (double digits) with no delivery of promises NOR honoring of their guarantees (which, by-the-way, is one of their BIG selling points). Bait and switch at its best.

Which system did anyone run? The latest marketing piece I got was for the group life insurance for non-profits. Did anyone try it?

I have received things from GTBK for years and had bought a marketing program years ago. 4 Years ago I signed up for a package but cancelled and received a full refund according to their guarantee's. Just recently solicited for their new programs and all I can say is.......TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

Signed up for their Definitive SIlver marketing package and the big thing about this was their marketing skills and ability to create attendence at workshops--the workshops are really subpar but I saw value in their marketing ideas. One of the worst mailers I have had in years.(tried 2 times with very poor response. Sent an 'arbitrage case' that Dennis always talks about and within 2 days they tell me it can't work/no takers---TWO DAYS? I then submitted the same case with a local brokerage and had it issued within 4 months...........I think they basically CHERRY PICK since they share in the compensation so they go for slam dunks and the one's that go through are their 'testimonials' that everyone hears about.

Was also pitched on the 'Charitable IRA Program'. We cancelled and they are now refusing to honor the guarantee even Guarantee #2 says if you are in anyway unhappy or think it won't work return it, no questions asked for a complete refund.......so much for that one.

I will say I like Dennis and his ideas but something seems to have really changed in the last couple of years and now they aren't honoring anything they say they will......Suggestion: Stay away.

Hi Agents,
I went to a seminar given by Chris Ostrowski from GTKB in NJ on 11/20/08.
He went through a bunch of examples that would reap us HUGE commissions...
I figured there would be an upsell at the seminar in Grand Rapids.I would appreciate it someone could elaborate a little more about their experiences with this company.
My other question is this: How could an agent learn these (Mortgage,annuity,life insurance, and similar) techniques without being scammed and upsold?
Thanks, Please Reply,
Duane Quinn,

Last edited:
:goofy: moonlightandmargaritas wrote:
Did you read the other posts in the thread?
It seems like folks have posted about their experiences extensively...

I Replied to his idiocy:
I obviously have read them...
Most of what everyone wrote on this thread was a question (like mine...)
I think YOU should reread this post (are you able?).
By NO means was ANYTHING answered here "extensively".
You may want to lay OFF those margaritas.
That is such a cute name...
moonlightandmargaritas:D

Last edited:
:goofy: moonlightandmargaritas wrote:
Did you read the other posts in the thread?
It seems like folks have posted about their experiences extensively...

I Replied to his idiocy:
I obviously have read them...
Most of what everyone wrote on this thread was a question (like mine...)
I think YOU should reread this post (are you able?).
By NO means was ANYTHING answered here "extensively".
You may want to lay OFF those margaritas.
That is such a cute name...
moonlightandmargaritas:D

Hey Quinn, let me give you piece of advice from a relatively new guy like myself. You were given 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason. Calling moonlights comment idiocy is going a little extreme and you may have to reel it back a little bit or you will get ran out of here really quick.

And actually moonlight was right. peoples experiences had been covered. All say stay away. What more do you need?

Back