Guesses on when Final DOL Fiduciary Rule Rolls Out?

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
When the DOL sent its revised Fiduciary Rule to the Office of Management and Budget on Jan. 28, it kicked off a 90-day period for the OMB to review the rule. Once it signs off (if it signs off), the DOL will release the final rule to the public.

90 days from Jan. 28 is April 28, and many think the OMB won’t wait that long to sign off. That means the final rule is likely to be published sometime in the next month, which will be followed by an 8-month implementation period. That takes us to December – so it is very possible the rule could be finalized and on the books before the end of the year – and notably – before Obama leaves the White House.

The industry and some members of Congress are widely expected to challenge the rule once published, which could potentially delay implementation beyond Obama’s term.

Any guesses on when the DOL publishes the rule? April 1 would be fitting, but my money's on Friday, April 15.

Yeah, 4/20 is practically a holiday here in Colorado... Lots of Cheetos consumed that day to be sure.

Seems to me they typically try to "quietly" release these types of things on Fridays, which is why I'm thinking 15th.

I must be a Martian. I got the date correct. April 6 is the date. I will post my predictions for the MLB and next Kentucky Derby next

To win Masters? Dustin or Justin. Darkhorse? Jimmy Walker (that guy is DY-NO-MITE!) Darker Horse? Kevin (Na or Streelman)

Any secret intelligence behind this April 6 pick walthamny? Or would you have to kill us if you told us?

It was an educated guess. I figure this is a political bill, I knew they wouldn't wait until May to announce it. And I pick the day after Tuesday when the news cycle will be talking primary on Monday and Tuesday. for Obama Wendesday or Thursday would be the best days to get the news coverage. I started my career in public relations so I have a good understanding on how to spin a story.

To win Masters? Dustin or Justin. Darkhorse? Jimmy Walker (that guy is DY-NO-MITE!) Darker Horse? Kevin (Na or Streelman) Any secret intelligence behind this April 6 pick walthamny? Or would you have to kill us if you told us?

I have that exact same lineup for my shot at million bucks on draft kings.

Back