Has E and O Ever Helped You when You Needed It?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
Has E and O ever help you when you needed it? Sooner or later some of us will need E and O. I'm just wondering if any of you have ever needed it and what it did to either help you, or if they did nothing to help you

I've heard a lot of stories lately where the agent needed the E and O to save them and it didnt do anything to help them.

Do you have any stories to share with us?

http://calsurance.com/eo4lifeagents/ is the best deal on e and o that I have found..

Last edited:
One very FRIVOLOUS claim. About 15-20 years ago....a client bought a life insurance policy from me. Not a big face amount. Premium was perhaps $75 per month or so.

She wrote "INSURANCE" in the notes area on the check.

Many months later, she claimed that she had NO IDEA it was life insurance and claimed it was presented as something else. Evidently, some work associates of hers really did get duped by other agents and she wanted to cash in on the situation.

Anyhow...policy was rescinded and she got her money back. And I know that she knew what she was buying.

Maybe this wasn't E&O but after typing all of this, I'm not going to delete it!

Last edited:
I know of a case where the agent wished he had E&O coverage. The agent sold a life policy to a woman who it turned out was already in the throes of cancer. Apparently she lied on the application taken by the agent. About a month later she died from the advanced cancer. The insurance company denied payment and the husband alleged that his late wife had answered all the questions truthfully. Furthermore, he alleged that the agent falsified the answers in order to consummate a sale. The agent happened to be an aquaintence of mine for whom I would attest to his honesty. The insurer finally did pay the claim, but then proceeded to sue the agent. At that time he had already incurred well over $5,000 in legal fees (that was a goodly sum in those days) for his defense. I left that agency before the matter was finally settled, but I am sure that he had to pay much more in addition to what he had already had paid. All of this was out of pocket expenses for him.

It's real folks. An agent friend of mine just lost a lawsuit with Suntrust - judgment for $40K.

A few of his annuity clients claimed he misrepresented the products. Suntrust immediately caved - refunded everything and here's the priceless part, WITHOUT even notifying him or getting his side of the story.

Then they went after him. He fought a 2 year court battle and lost.

Record your presentations!

Back