Hello, New State Farm Representative Here with a Few Questions.

Jason37

Hello,

I am a new Representative for State Farm. I have been told I am an Account Representative or better put, I am a Sales Agent for State Farm.

I am excited about this career because I have a passion for finance and sales. Currently I am on a salary plus commission pay-plan, and I wanted to know how much I could expect to make. I know that every location is different, but on average what does the typical Sales Agent make?

The office I work in appears successful, plenty of business every day. The Agent who runs this office is happy, and not faking it. I suspect he truly is doing well. I am not hoping to get rich, I really am just happy for being in this career field after working in computers. Overall though, I just wanted to know what to expect as far as day to day expectations, and what I can expect on average to make.

Hopefully this hasn't been answered too much before. I checked as many threads as I could for this information, and just saw threads for Agents opening a new office, not regular Sales Agents like me.

Thank you so much ahead of time.

Hello, I am a new Representative for State Farm. I have been told I am an Account Representative or better put, I am a Sales Agent for State Farm. I am excited about this career because I have a passion for finance and sales. Currently I am on a salary plus commission pay-plan, and I wanted to know how much I could expect to make. I know that every location is different, but on average what does the typical Sales Agent make? The office I work in appears successful, plenty of business every day. The Agent who runs this office is happy, and not faking it. I suspect he truly is doing well. I am not hoping to get rich, I really am just happy for being in this career field after working in computers. Overall though, I just wanted to know what to expect as far as day to day expectations, and what I can expect on average to make. Hopefully this hasn't been answered too much before. I checked as many threads as I could for this information, and just saw threads for Agents opening a new office, not regular Sales Agents like me. Thank you so much ahead of time.

From the ones I've spoken with, you won't make much in your current position. But it's an easy way to get your feet wet in the industry and bounce into a better place where you can make a lot. Once you learn you might go independent where the money is much better. Or you might stay with State Farm and become an agency owner.

Hey, thanks for the information. I will have to see what "won't make much" actually means I guess. My salary is 2K every month, or commissions, whichever one is higher. I'd be pleased to make 40K the first year.

I made much more in the Information Technology career I had, but I just really wanted a career like this where I could talk to clients and work in business.

Thanks again for your feedback and I will keep learning what I can from these forums. Cheers.

Hey, thanks for the information. I will have to see what "won't make much" actually means I guess. My salary is 2K every month, or commissions, whichever one is higher. I'd be pleased to make 40K the first year. I made much more in the Information Technology career I had, but I just really wanted a career like this where I could talk to clients and work in business. Thanks again for your feedback and I will keep learning what I can from these forums. Cheers.

Consider your current spot, to be for education not income. What you learn will be worth more than your income. The big income will come when you move up, or out. But if you do it right, you will be well prepared when you move on.

Consider your current spot, to be for education not income. What you learn will be worth more than your income. The big income will come when you move up, or out. But if you do it right, you will be well prepared when you move on.

I really appreciate your reply. It represented how I feel about this experience as a whole. Working here I am learning a lot of new concepts, and there are many different career opportunities within the company. From what I have heard within the office, once State Farm hires you they like to keep you in the company no matter the position. Perhaps it because of the heavy investment on their behalf upfront. They paid for all of my licensing, at least 700 dollars, and will be paying for my Series 6 and Series 63 license as well.

I would love to stay at State Farm as a career, and just keep moving into different positions if needed for more success.

I really appreciate your reply. It represented how I feel about this experience as a whole. Working here I am learning a lot of new concepts, and there are many different career opportunities within the company. From what I have heard within the office, once State Farm hires you they like to keep you in the company no matter the position. Perhaps it because of the heavy investment on their behalf upfront. They paid for all of my licensing, at least 700 dollars, and will be paying for my Series 6 and Series 63 license as well. I would love to stay at State Farm as a career, and just keep moving into different positions if needed for more success.

The best part is you have a financial safety net while you learn.

Back