HELP!! AGLA or Insphere Insurance Solutions-New-What Do I Do???

newagentfl

HELP!! AGLA or Insphere Insurance Solutions-New-What Do I Do???
I am a new agent in FL. I recently signed an agent contract with Insphere Insurance Solutions. I do not know much about the industry/products so I am very lost. My sales manager is not very supportive nor patient. I feel the company is great, they have a stock gift plan, pretty good leads and the opportunity to sell health(Humana, UnitedOne, Aetna, Cigna) and Life with ING. LTC with John Hancock (Pretty impressive carriers) but I just do not feel good there. So far I have not come accross anyone in the office is very good at helping new agents.

I recently went to talk to the people at AGLA and totally fell in love with the sales manager, the people who were in the office made me feel like if I was home. One of the agents who has been there for 1 year gave me her phone number, asked me for mines and spent a very long time talking to me and even called me that night to talk further. I am crazy about their Quality of Life Insurance product. They offer you a 17 week paid training program. The cons that I see is that they DO NOT provide leads, I would not be able to sell HEALTH, and that I would be a captive agent.(which I have been told that it's not good to do).

PLEASE HELP! I do not know what to do. I love the idea of being able to sell life, health and LTC but I feel that the AGLA office would be a better fit for me. With AGLA I can only sell LIFE. I feel INSPHERE is more for VETERANS than ROOKIES!! I am kinda of hating the idea of not eing able to sell health. ADVICE, SUGGESTIONS????

Re: HELP!! AGLA or Insphere Insurance Solutions-New-What Do I Do?

Look if you feel more comfortable with AGLA go that route...Yes they are going to teach you to sell Life Insurance I know Insphere offers some life but it will be a totalyy different experience. Also AGLA offers Lifes, Annuities, Voluntary products and under accident and health they have Cancer, CI, DI and More....Specifically ask the manager if they offer the ability to brokerage products not offered by AGLA....I never worked with them my captive experience was with NYL and the company had a GA brokerage where we could sell other products.

I asked the manager who interviewed me if I would be able to sell other products through brokreage and he said no. I don't know if with the health reform that is coming it's better to just stick to LIFE anyways. i know that health commissions are going to go drastically down anyways. Ideas?????

If you are that interested in life, why not look at some of the other career shops.

Northwest Mutual, New York Life, MassMutual, Guardian, MetLife, Prudential, etc.

Most will let you do outside business that they don't want or can't take. Also, it will let you talk to more sales managers, find the one that you really mesh with and will take you under his wing.

Just remember, sales managers are still in the business of selling. They are selling you on themselves and their company, and they have a lot more experience selling than you do.

I asked the manager who interviewed me if I would be able to sell other products through brokreage and he said no. I don't know if with the health reform that is coming it's better to just stick to LIFE anyways. i know that health commissions are going to go drastically down anyways. Ideas?????

No clue how the health market will turn out for independent agents. My only point was I worked for Mega back in the day and if your counting on those leads to make your living you might be in for a suprise...If you can learn to prospect for Life, DI and Retirement business you'll be that much further ahead....

And don't let no health get you down, use it to your advantage find a health only guy and work out referalls.

I recently went to talk to the people at AGLA and totally fell in love with the sales manager, the people who were in the office made me feel like if I was home.

Keep this in mind; when they haven't the time to hold your hand daily anymore, and toss you in the pool to see if you'll sink or swim (inevitable at some point), will you still be in love?

Keep this in mind; when they haven't the time to hold your hand daily anymore, and toss you in the pool to see if you'll sink or swim (inevitable at some point), will you still be in love?

Moonlight brings up a good point...but there will be no handholding with insphere.

I understand your situation. I signed up in Feb with Insphere in Tennessee and it has been a very slow go for me. Now it's June and I have only written one policy that canceled two weeks later. I feel like you, the leads I have been provided have sucked. I took off a few weeks to have major surgery, when I return, Iwill give Insphere two months of hard prospecting and trying to generate business and see how it goes, it things don't improve for me after that, I will be off to the next company. I also feel that my manager has no time to "train" me as a new agent I am learning that you have to train yourself in this business. I really enjoy insurance and think that I have the right personality for it, but just need a little more support. The managers have quotas they have to meet also so it's hard for them to spend time with neebies. But as i sit in meetings and see all these agents getting bonus checks and gifts, I feel if they can do it I can also. Please let us know which company you decide on.

Iwill give Insphere two months of hard prospecting and trying to generate business and see how it goes, it things don't improve for me after that, I will be off to the next company.

Sounds like you've go one foot out the door already. Until you make a decision that this is it, this is the company I'm going to make a living with one way or another, you'll have problems. Sounds as if you'd be better off moving to a company you belive in now. I know nothing about Insphere, but, I do know about this business. If you're not 100% committed, you won't be very successfull no matter how good the company is.

My opinion: The last place you want to be with the upcoming changes to both policies and compensation is with any agency that requires you to assign commissions.

Back