Help! I Need an Insurance Mentor Asap!!

I am going to take the P&C for California in about 4 days so I will keep you guys updated on the difficulty of the test in Cali. Hopefully I will pass on the first try.

Trying to figure out how a guy with the log on name of cashflow cant pass the test, appears there isnt much cashflow going on......

a mentor probally isnt going to help you pass the test, a mentor will help you build the business and how to run a business.

In all honesty, if you cant pass after 6 tries, this might not be the field for you....

Trying to figure out how a guy with the log on name of cashflow cant pass the test, appears there isnt much cashflow going on......

a mentor probally isnt going to help you pass the test, a mentor will help you build the business and how to run a business.

In all honesty, if you cant pass after 6 tries, this might not be the field for you....
Lol.. Hmmm.. interesting. See, the thing most of you really don't know is that I am not a quitter by any means. I love it when people discourage me from pursuing my dreams.. I get that a lot because people don't know how determined I really am. I thrive on people telling me "you can't do that" and the like.. but one thing I can assure you is that I will persist until I pass it.. and I will continue to master these concepts and learn them like the back of my hand so I can teach them one day to a nooby starting out. I've even talked with different agents regarding this, and they can understand my situation. I get a lot of admiration for my determination. I think the main thing that is holding me back is myself. I know this material conceptually, but never having sold or having dealt with it, it is a new concept to me. Life and Health were pretty simple for me and I was successful at my last gig. I think a mentor can help me see some of these P&C concepts in a different light. You know, some people do learn in different environments and in different ways. I have swam 7/8 of the lake to get here.. so why would I just quit at this point and sink?

Last edited:
Why don't you go to a website like "The Institutes" they have some great courses. Also if you know the material try flash cards.
If I understand right you don't need a mentor you need a tutor?

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Lol.. Hmmm.. interesting. See, the thing most of you really don't know is that I am not a quitter by any means. I love it when people discourage me from pursuing my dreams.. I get that a lot because people don't know how determined I really am. I thrive on people telling me "you can't do that" and the like.. but one thing I can assure you is that I will persist until I pass it.. and I will continue to master these concepts and learn them like the back of my hand so I can teach them one day to a nooby starting out. I've even talked with different agents regarding this, and they can understand my situation. I get a lot of admiration for my determination. I think the main thing that is holding me back is myself. I know this material conceptually, but never having sold or having dealt with it, it is a new concept to me. Life and Health were pretty simple for me and I was successful at my last gig. I think a mentor can help me see some of these P&C concepts in a different light. You know, some people do learn in different environments and in different ways. I have swam 7/8 of the lake to get here.. so why would I just quit at this point and sink?

Wow...you sound rather arrogant.

How many years have you been trying to pass the test? I knew someone who failed the first time & told me that if she didn't pass it the second time, she had to wait a year to retake it. Don't know if that's accurate or not, but that was here in Michigan.

As a mentor, I will not help someone pass the test, because for me to hire someone, they musy show some self-starter-ism, and that they can do things on their own, etc. I dont care how "determined" you are, if you were that determined, after failing the first time, or the secind time, or the third time, or the fourth time, or the fifth time or the sixth time, I would have expected you to ACE IT!:goofy:

Now, the test has nothing to do with selling, it has to do with INSURANCE.:swoon:

So, let me ask this, say you FINALLY pass the test, what are your plans? DO you have any? Are you going captive? are you going under an IA? Do you have a clue?

So, you want to cop an attitude here, you will get one back, you had some good advice above, TAKE it, go sit in a weekend class or weekly class.

With P&C Insurance, you can be dealing with peoples livihoods if/when something happens, so you best know your craft, and obviously you arent even close, granted you learn alot with experience, but you cant/havent got the BASICS down yet. Hell, I been an agent for I think 8 years and I still learn stuff daily and even on this forum.

That would be a tutor and not a mentor? I mean online classes, flash cards, and tutor are complementary study aids. I assumed a prudent person would know to take a classroom study course.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A mentor wouldn't want to waste their time with someone whos not in the industry? I mean people are busy.

Last edited:
That would be a tutor and not a mentor? I mean online classes, flash cards, and tutor are complementary study aids. I assumed a prudent person would know to take a classroom study course.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A mentor wouldn't want to waste their time with someone whos not in the industry? I mean people are busy.

good God adjuster, do you think you can make one comment and not 3 or 4 on every post so your stupid Iphone siggy doesnt show, how friggin annoying.....

Get on the KAPLAN website and order the question bank and take those test until you are getting a 90% plus. You will pass that state test for sure. The questions are very similar to the actual ones.

Back