HELP PLEASE P&c Sales Person Salary?

Nj.agent

Expert
Hello, im interviewing on this Tuesday coming up.
What's a good daily salary for a sales person selling truck insurance. This agency only sells truck insurance.
Commision he said was 30% on new business and residuals. I'm going to ask for 50% on new and 35% on renewals.
Please help with base salary?

A good daily (base) salary?

I think a typical salary (plus commish/bonus) situation, if you are new, is going to be in the neighborhood of $100 per day (or $500 per week) BASE.

This all depends on your experience and licenses, etc.

Hello, im interviewing on this Tuesday coming up.
What's a good daily salary for a sales person selling truck insurance. This agency only sells truck insurance.
Commision he said was 30% on new business and residuals. I'm going to ask for 50% on new and 35% on renewals.
Please help with base salary?

The higher the base, the lower the commission. If they're paying that much in commission,I would think any salary a bonus.

I have a p & c license. Ive actually.worked for this company before for.about a year so I have some.experience with.selling truck.insurance. Any other ideas? Thank.you for the advice already!

He said 25-30% on new business and risiduals after that he didn't say how much. In the interview I plan to tell him other offer 45% - 50% commision on new then 25% or so on renewals.

So you think if he goes for the 45% on new biz I can still ask for 100 a day? I think 25% on new biz is low isn't it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I worked there before I had no experience and got only salary I did sales and administration.

So any other thoughts?

Last edited:
If you were getting half of new business and 25% on renewals, I don't see why they should be paying a base. That's just me.

It's likely if not possible that the person wanting to hire you isn't going to offer a base.

If you were getting half of new business and 25% on renewals, I don't see why they should be paying a base. That's just me.

It's likely if not possible that the person wanting to hire you isn't going to offer a base.

Agreed. Was about to post the same thing.

What did you get paid before when you were working there? And, why do you think the pay will be different this time around? Just trying to understand.

If an agent that I interviewed asked for a Base salary that would tell me that they were not confident enough in their ability to perform and needed something to supplement.

If you are concerned about your ramp up period, they may be open to a decreasing salary over say 90 days.

I have a p & c license. Ive actually.worked for this company before for.about a year so I have some.experience with.selling truck.insurance. Any other ideas? Thank.you for the advice already!

He said 25-30% on new business and risiduals after that he didn't say how much. In the interview I plan to tell him other offer 45% - 50% commision on new then 25% or so on renewals.

So you think if he goes for the 45% on new biz I can still ask for 100 a day? I think 25% on new biz is low isn't it?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I worked there before I had no experience and got only salary I did sales and administration.

So any other thoughts?

In my experience commissions are not negotiable. Maybe I'm wrong. I can tell you that if they are offering you that high of a commission then they likely aren't going to offer you a full fledged salary. If they are, then you should jump on it.

They could be offering you an advance and you have to validate or pay it back. A lot of agents don't understand this going in and find themselves in debt when they don't make it.

Make sure you have a very thorough understanding of the compensation structure.

Who pays for leads, and marketing, What part of nj are you talking about. NJ has a very high cost of living. It has to make dollars and cents.

Back