High Level CE??

Anyone know of where someone could tap into high level CE? I have been doing Kaplan for a few years and the titles look great but you get into class and the content is dumbed down because half of the class couldn't handle anything more complex.

Once in awhile I see cruises or a weekend in Arizona or Florida where a group is putting on CE that looks like it would actually be challenging. Anyone ever attended one of those events? Anyone have a link to share where we could get more information?

Personally, I've found most regulatory CE - including classes with mandatory attendance (be there for 50 minutes each hour) very rudimentary and simple. They often drag on and on.

However, since you asked, here are some resources I might consider for live "business" training. They may not be approved for your insurance license, but they should have practical application.

There are designation programs through The American College: Intensive Live Course Reviews

The American College Travel-Learn Cruise (This should cover regulatory CE.)

IARFC CE-at-Sea (I think this qualifies for "RFC CE" only.)

IARFC Business Owner Consulting Workshop
For a preview, check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTw369Eo1A

MDRT Annual Meeting May have some sessions approved for regulatory CE.

Insurance Pro Shop Trusted Advisor Boot Camps

While this one is more investment advisor oriented: Financial Advisor Magazine Conferences

I do admit that I miss the annual B/D conferences where different wholesalers would do various "dog and pony" shows about a particular idea and have various focus sessions to get me to expand my mind and my business focus.

Many designations such as CFP, ChFC, CLU, CRPC, CRPS, etc can count as CE credit in most states.

I have to admit that WebCE actually taught me a few things about retirement planning and SS planning with one of their retirement planning courses. I actually saved the course material on my laptop. But most of their stuff is pretty simple.

I will add to The American College crowd. ChFC courses are 20 hours each and my text books averaged 700+ pages and requires a high security exam. It is pricey to call it pure CE but very good education.

How about the The National Alliance? I got both my CIC and CRM designations while I was getting my CE.

When I did it, they were 3 day classes with a written test at the end. You get CE whether or not you pass the tests. You pass the tests to get the credentials though. I figured that if I was going to spend hours away from the office, it was going to be worth more than a CE Compliance cert.

You'll have to google it as I do not have enough posts to let me share a link.

Back