How Do You Motivate Your Agents

All I do now is train agents, everday, all day and what I have found is something most sales people already know.

It doesn't matter how much training I give someone, the good agents are going to be good and the bad agents are going to be bad.

In fact the agents that have the best production are the ones that come back to be the least with additional questions. Typically it's the agents that call or email each day that do little to no production.

However you have to weed through all the poor producing agents to get those few gold nuggets. When you get those nuggets TAKE CARE OF THEM.

You made a good point, reminds me of what John Addison says (CEO Primerica) "recruit, recruit, recruit!"

Hire twenty to get one who'll stick, and repeat.

On the other hand, I have seen "bad" agents turn around when given the proper tlc, what some people overlook is that not everyone responds to the same stuff (training in a box) or goes at the same pace.

An agency I worked at would train everyone for a day and make them hit the phones. How can that work?

Right now, I have 5 of 7 agents ready for the phones, two are not, should I force those two to sell prematurely? No way, because then they'll get discouraged and likely fail largely due to lack of confidence.

:1biggrin:

All I do now is train agents, everday, all day and what I have found is something most sales people already know.

It doesn't matter how much training I give someone, the good agents are going to be good and the bad agents are going to be bad.

In fact the agents that have the best production are the ones that come back to be the least with additional questions. Typically it's the agents that call or email each day that do little to no production.

However you have to weed through all the poor producing agents to get those few gold nuggets. When you get those nuggets TAKE CARE OF THEM.

Back