How Many Companies Do You Write For?

It occurred to me the other day that I have been appointed with 13 companies. Out of which I only use 3 or 4 on a regular basis.

I'm sure that's not unusual. So I'm curious; how many companies do you generally write and how many appointments do you have.

It's not unusual for an agent to pick up a bunch of companies thinking that they are going to need them all, "Just in case". After a while they figure out who their go to companies are and many of the other companies just fall by the wayside and they never give them another thought.

It occurred to me the other day that I have been appointed with 13 companies. Out of which I only use 3 or 4 on a regular basis.

I'm sure that's not unusual. So I'm curious; how many companies do you generally write and how many appointments do you have.

39, but I'm sure I've forgotten some that I'm still contracted with.

I've used 20 of them. Sometimes you pick up a company and they raise their rates right off the bat..then into the closet they go(I'm talking Med Supps).

Sometimes they look good, then after you look a little closer, you wonder why you wasted your time picking them up.

I have 15 that I use either regularly or semi regularly for MedSupp & MA

----------

I must have contracts with near 25 carriers

Had to check. I dropped some a year or so ago. I am contracted with 11 but what surprised me was finding that I placed business with 6 of those in 2016.

I probably have about 10 or so. Just got dropped by a couple for non-production. I use a few on a regular basis, and the others are more here and there.

Back