How Much Traveling Do You Do?

Bwell86

Expert
I'm just curious how much traveling people do for appointments. I try to have most of my clients in the city where I live and where my office is, but I'll drive anywhere within an hour and a half radius.
If I'm going far, I book up a whole day in that town to justify the travel. I focus on life, annuities, and mutual funds.
I'm just curious what you all do.

I try to keep it within an hour or so. If its going to be longer than that I can take advantage of mailing and e signature since I'm with a captive company. Anything over an hour just takes too much out of the day

When I offered med supps I made sure that all objections, including price, was taken care of over the phone. I have driven up to 2.5 hours to complete the paperwork. I didn't look at it as driving that far for 300.00, I looked at it as driving that far for $300 X 6 years+ 1800. Most of the time I sold 2 med supps and the occasional final expense policy.

When I offered med supps I made sure that all objections, including price, was taken care of over the phone. I have driven up to 2.5 hours to complete the paperwork. I didn't look at it as driving that far for 300.00, I looked at it as driving that far for $300 X 6 years+ 1800. Most of the time I sold 2 med supps and the occasional final expense policy.

Sounds pretty similar to what I do when I am in the field. Forced to by demographics. Although today I have an appointment 2 minutes away!

I used to work 15 counties years ago. Now I try to keep within that same one hour drive max, and I will probably be changing that to 30-45 minutes here in the near future. I've done it for a long time now, and prefer less windshield time.

In fact, at some point in the future, I will probably set up an office (I work from my home office) in the city, and service clients there (new clients too), as well as over the phone. It has to be done right though, of course.

Best wishes, guys

Back