How Are Successful Agents Balancing Their Time?

According to the BLS, the median annual salary for insurance agents was $48,210 in 2013. The best-paid 10 percent made more than $117,830, while the lowest-paid 10 percent made less than $26,030.

$117K makes you in the top 10%? I can barely turn my lights on for that! I must be some sort of rock star!

According to the BLS, the median annual salary for insurance agents was $48,210 in 2013. The best-paid 10 percent made more than $117,830, while the lowest-paid 10 percent made less than $26,030.

$117K makes you in the top 10%? I can barely turn my lights on for that! I must be some sort of rock star!

According to the BLS for May 2014, the median wage for Insurance Sales Agents was $47,860 at $23.01 an hour, basically a 2080 hour year. While for all occupations the median hourly wage was $17.09 for $35,547.20 a year with a 2080 hour work year.

So the average insurance agent is doing better than the average worker.

Let's say making 100k a year net, that's a fairly easy goal right?

Successful to me is maintaining that or growing each year.

Are you making all networking for sales/prospect only? How many events would you say is the max you will go per week (not client meetings, but events to meet new people or to talk to other referral groups)

12 years in....1 semi-formal networking group. 1 coffee. I'm adding breakfasts soon (hosting financial planners)

5 years ago, I was doing BNI and all the resulting one on ones.

5 years from now, I still see me doing some sort of networking.

But part of this is that I work from home and don't want to get stuck in a rut.

You need to figure out what works for you. The guys in their 60's seem to work from home and its all internet/referral based. Which is fabulous. Some of this is age/length of time in the business based. I want out of the house some.

How are successful agents balancing their time?

How many hours do you work per day/week? How many of those ares are you spending networking, marketing, accounting, backend filing, sales, working leads. etcc...

What is the successful agents time balance?

Grant Cardone makes $2-3M per month currently (per his Periscope feed from last night).

Last edited by a moderator:
Man you folks work hard. My day consisted of getting out of bed at 8:30 am. I ate some breakfast and then strolled about 20 steps to my office. Checked emails and had two referrals. One for health insurance and the other for a Med Supp and PDP. Sent Health Sherpa link to the one and sent Med Supp rate and PDP comparison to the other.

Wrote myself a payroll check for April. Then took a shower, shaved, brushed my teeth. Walked back to my office and checked email and voice mail. Had two calls to return. Left to go to the bank, get gas and grab some lunch. Got home and took the dogs out and spent about 30 minutes scooping leaves out of the pool and hooking up the Kreepy Krauly.

Came in and checked emails and voice mails. One more voice mail. Took care of adding a dependent to existing plan. Fooled around on this forum throughout the day. Went back outside and fooled around with the pool.

Somewhere between 4:00-4:30 decided to call it a day. I'm guessing tomorrow will look much like today. Although it may include some time at the driving range weather permitting.

Mother Fer. ...... it snowed 3 inches yesterday :(

It was 80 and sunny yesterday here! I ate lunch on the patio of the restaurant and drank a beer. :)

Of course 3 or 4 weeks ago it was in the 40s here. :skeptical:

Other than the 3 inches of pollen it has been great in SC this week. It's like the dust bowl of pollen here.

Latest posts

Back