If I Build It Will They Come?

dmiller90

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
You built it, Now will the Customers (Searchers) Come?

Your site's Content is at the Heart of what your site will rank for, and to a strong degree how well it will rank.

Simply put, you need lots of it. I mean tons. Building authority takes more than a page or two, or a "Super Fast Online Quote Form" :SLEEP:

It takes a page or two or ten on every sub-topic of every category or kind of product your site represent. This does not mean to throw just junk or meaningless content, just to have a bunch.

OK...once that's done, now what?

They (Customers - Search Engines) will come only if you've structured your information on your site in a way that's relevant to the Keyword Phrases being searched for. (Another Complete Subject)--I won't bore ya!

You want simple, easy descriptive navigation links for customers and search engines to understand.

You will see the results only if your content is relevant (The Whole Truth) to the Keyword Phrases that are searched.

Your ultimate goal is to organize your content from very High-Level and Broad Terms (Texas Health Insurance) to the widest number of sub-categories that make sense for your site and are relevant to that Searched Keyword Phrases.

You want to create simple descriptive ways for your Customers and Search Engines to browse the entire site and to drill down exactly what your site is about, and to find Exactly what they Searched for.

Its just that simple. :yes:

(The Whole Truth System)

Last edited:
wow, I feel like I've learned more about SEO since I've started the insurance biz, than when I was doing webdesign.

Great post

You built it, Now will the Customers (Searchers) Come?

If you "build it" yes, they will come.

If I "build it", I will consider it extremely fortunate if it even gets on the internet.

The only thing I need to know about SEO is your name to put on the check and your phone number so I can call you and ask you to "do your thing".

That is all I need to become an "SEO Expert". Already did that, I guess that makes me an "SEO Expert" now. :D

Just remember that ultimately, your customers are people needing insurance, not search engines! Content, links, and pages all need to make sense to people first. No matter how well you optimize your site, if it looks spammy, your customers are going to run.

Frank is correct. If Dave builds it, they will come.

By the way, I heard that Dave Miller actually did put Humpty Dumpty together again.

Rick

If you "build it" yes, they will come.

If I "build it", I will consider it extremely fortunate if it even gets on the internet.

The only thing I need to know about SEO is your name to put on the check and your phone number so I can call you and ask you to "do your thing".

That is all I need to become an "SEO Expert". Already did that, I guess that makes me an "SEO Expert" now. :D

Frank is a smart guy! :yes:

I heard that Dave was the only person that knew Sammy Sosa was on steroids.
He was?

Rick
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
By the way, Dave is still in the process of making changes to my medicare site and have only started the SEO work. In the past 4 days I have received 3 email inquiries which have lead to 2 med supps. The last inquiry won't be eligible for another few months.

I also received a phone call which generated an MAPD policy.

Just on those plans, I've earned 150% of what Dave charged me ONCE.

I'm still upset about that Sammy Sosa thing.

Rick

Last edited:
He was?

Rick
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
By the way, Dave is still in the process of making changes to my medicare site and have only started the SEO work. In the past 4 days I have received 3 email inquiries which have lead to 2 med supps. The last inquiry won't be eligible for another few months.

I also received a phone call which generated an MAPD policy.

Just on those plans, I've earned 150% of what Dave charged me ONCE.

I'm still upset about that Sammy Sosa thing.

Rick

Loudmouth... there goes Dave's rates.

Back