IMOs and Robocalling

VolAgent

Guru
5000 Post Club
I really have to wonder about the intelligence level of people at some IMOs and FMOs.

Of late a few have started blowing up my phone with robocalling. Why do they think agents will want to contract with them if they harass them first?

I really have to wonder about the intelligence level of people at some IMOs and FMOs.

Of late a few have started blowing up my phone with robocalling. Why do they think agents will want to contract with them if they harass them first?

I got so tired of the daily "AEP only has XXX days left" from 2 years ago I changed my phone number with UHC to that of my FMO. Let them deal with that crap.

Rick

I got so tired of the daily "AEP only has XXX days left" from 2 years ago I changed my phone number with UHC to that of my FMO. Let them deal with that crap.

Rick

Sadly I can't do that. They are pulling it from my license. I have to have a valid number with them.

Sadly I can't do that. They are pulling it from my license. I have to have a valid number with them.

It's only UHC that I was able to thwart (look that word up if you don't recognize it). I still get all the other calls.

I make a point to dial the phone and raise hell with the marketer. Of course, I can only do this when I'm not busy.

Rick

I got one today, which is normal because I get several a week.

Do they not have to comply with DNC like we do? My cell number is on it and that's where they're calling.

I got one today, which is normal because I get several a week.

Do they not have to comply with DNC like we do? My cell number is on it and that's where they're calling.

I suppose they get away with it because they are robocalling business to "businesss".

As a former Dialer Product Manager, here's a little trick to defeating the robocall. Go to google and search for "disconnect SIT wav". It will take you to lists of tone recordings that will tell the auto Dialer your number is disconnected. Simply record the three-tone at the beginning of your voicemail or answering machine message, and them wait three seconds and record your normal message. The auto Dialer will think your number is disconnected, and anyone else calling will just think you have weird noise at the beginning of your message.

As a former Dialer Product Manager, here's a little trick to defeating the robocall. Go to google and search for "disconnect SIT wav". It will take you to lists of tone recordings that will tell the auto Dialer your number is disconnected. Simply record the three-tone at the beginning of your voicemail or answering machine message, and them wait three seconds and record your normal message. The auto Dialer will think your number is disconnected, and anyone else calling will just think you have weird noise at the beginning of your message.

How would that help when you answer the phone? Would a whistle work?:)

Haha, a whistle would great! The tones only work if the call goes to voicemail, won't work for a live answer, although I guess you could go " do do do" and see if it works... Haha

Back