Inc to DBA

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
Do you guys know if i make a DBA for my INC.

can i operate under both names or i have to change everything over the the DBA? (including bank accounts, licensing etc..)

Labor day weekend, no lawyers/cpa picking up my calls.

Plan on making a few DBA, but still want to be able to use my INC. for certain businesses.

anyone created a dba for their company before?

do i get two licenses now or they will just add my new dba to existing company license?

Sometimes, just by checking your state's DOI website, you can figure out the answers.

https://interactive.web.insurance.ca.gov/webuser/Licw_Agy_Det$.STARTUP?Z_ORG_ID=113923&Z_AGY_LIC_NBR=0E36340

I'm in New York, it doesnt really say if they will give me a new license or just add the name to the existing one.

Also for NY, apparently i have to pay a filing fee for each county, if i want to do business in the whole NY, $1950 for filing a INC to DBA in new york state to do business lol....

I'm in New York, it doesnt really say if they will give me a new license or just add the name to the existing one.

Also for NY, apparently i have to pay a filing fee for each county, if i want to do business in the whole NY, $1950 for filing a INC to DBA in new york state to do business lol....

Wow, that's insane. For me in VA it was $20 total fees to set up a DBA for my Inc.

To the OP... you do not need to switch bank accts, etc. The DBA is just the forward public facing name ... I know many folks that have multiple DBA's under one Inc. If your business is actually what holds the ins license rather than you personally ... you probably have alot of hoops to jump through would be my guess. Check DOI

Back