Independent Agency in Metairie, Louisiana Area?

Passion

I have been a captive agent before and I made good money from free leads until they ran low. I got my CDL Class A License and made more money at truck driving. I would like to get back into insurance since I have a bunch of cash saved up and I am back home. I have my LH + PC insurance licenses.

But I would love to be in an independent insurance agency that gives the client the best deal based on multiple carrier comparisons instead of being captive to one product (typically whole life and no health, pc option, limited).

I have to investigate to sift through all the companies in my area to find the ones that truly offer independent agent status (insurance broker) and not just "come sell my one limited product".

I am curious if anyone knows of a company around my area that is good or just what do you think is the best company/way to make money in the insurance business? I would prefer to be in the office and have walk-ins rather then drive around the whole state if possible.

I have been a captive agent before and I made good money from free leads until they ran low. I got my CDL Class A License and made more money at truck driving. I would like to get back into insurance since I have a bunch of cash saved up and I am back home. I have my LH + PC insurance licenses.

But I would love to be in an independent insurance agency that gives the client the best deal based on multiple carrier comparisons instead of being captive to one product (typically whole life and no health, pc option, limited).

I have to investigate to sift through all the companies in my area to find the ones that truly offer independent agent status (insurance broker) and not just "come sell my one limited product".

I am curious if anyone knows of a company around my area that is good or just what do you think is the best company/way to make money in the insurance business? I would prefer to be in the office and have walk-ins rather then drive around the whole state if possible.

Also located in Metairie but currently working for a captive agent, looking to branch out.
I know Eagan insurance has an office in Metairie (think off the causeway?) and they are pretty big.

Back