IMO/MO CRM Offerings

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Have noticed some IMO/FMOs offering the agent the use of their CRM. My question is why would an agent accept that offer? Would it not give the organization access to the agent's records, permittign the IMO/FMO the ability to pass that info to another agent to work. :skeptical:

Have noticed some IMO/FMOs offering the agent the use of their CRM. My question is why would an agent accept that offer? Would it not give the organization access to the agent's records, permittign the IMO/FMO the ability to pass that info to another agent to work. :skeptical:

I'm with you on that. But I'm an FMO that doesn't offer a CRM.

If I were an agent I would use OutLook, ACT, any of the free online CRMs or the one built in to FexQuotes but never an FMO's CRM.

I'm with you on that. But I'm an FMO that doesn't offer a CRM.

If I were an agent I would use OutLook, ACT, any of the free online CRMs or the one built in to FexQuotes but never an FMO's CRM.

I question using Dignity Planing and Legacy Safeguard for the same reason.. (Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean that everybody is not out to get me)..

We use senior market sales to autofill /MAPD/PDP applications for folks. I see value in that feature and is the only reason that we do.

We still have our own CRM for everything else. The way I see it other agencies/FMo's are going to have their info from AARP, previous insurance, carriers databases etc.. Folks know we do what's right all the time and every time so let them be worked by another agent. If I lose a client to someone else so be it, there are plenty of customers and if they do not see the value we provide go somewhere else. Just don't call us when you have a problem:laugh:

We use senior market sales to autofill /MAPD/PDP applications for folks. I see value in that feature and is the only reason that we do.

We still have our own CRM for everything else. The way I see it other agencies/FMo's are going to have their info from AARP, previous insurance, carriers databases etc.. Folks know we do what's right all the time and every time so let them be worked by another agent. If I lose a client to someone else so be it, there are plenty of customers and if they do not see the value we provide go somewhere else. Just don't call us when you have a problem:laugh:

Part of my perspective comes from being an old guy.. I don't really concern myself with what happens while I am still working.. It is after I am no longer around and my wife or family is receiving the vested renewals and has no way to conserve the business if a dishonest IMO/FMO decides to go after it. I realize that they have access to the business actually placed through them but if you are using their CRM for all your business and prospects, then that gives them access to much, much more..

Combined provides Salesforce for their worksite agents. It is a useful tool, but they monitor and track your activity. Which is a real pain in the ass. Plus they have access to all your records.

So if an IMO offered use of their CRM I would decline.

I don't see why an agent is paranoid using a CRM that an IMO offers. The IMO already has access to all your client info if it wants to look at it. So thats not it.

Seems to me that an IMO offering a CRM for an agent to use is more of a value and cost savings to the agent and a service option to consider. Especially if the IMO offered some clerical or other services for the agent so that they can access the CRM on the Agent's behalf. Such as: Drip Marketing via Email or Send out Cards, etc.

It seems that Pinney and their DataRaptor service is a nice CRM feature for their agents and it is also an IMO......

I don't see why an agent is paranoid using a CRM that an IMO offers. The IMO already has access to all your client info if it wants to look at it. So thats not it.

Seems to me that an IMO offering a CRM for an agent to use is more of a value and cost savings to the agent and a service option to consider. Especially if the IMO offered some clerical or other services for the agent so that they can access the CRM on the Agent's behalf. Such as: Drip Marketing via Email or Send out Cards, etc.

It seems that Pinney and their DataRaptor service is a nice CRM feature for their agents and it is also an IMO......

An IMO may have access to your client info but not to your prospect info which is even more valuable. They also don't have your notes and history info unless you use their CRM.

I agree that an IMO with some convent features is worth considering. But all that info in the IMO's hands when you decide to leave could be bad for the agent.

I would always want mine separate unless it was WAY more convenient.

Seems like CRMs are low cost or free and allow you to keep your independence and protect your information.0 to $24.99 per month not to bad.

An IMO may have access to your client info but not to your prospect info which is even more valuable. They also don't have your notes and history info unless you use their CRM.

I agree that an IMO with some convent features is worth considering. But all that info in the IMO's hands when you decide to leave could be bad for the agent.

I would always want mine separate unless it was WAY more convenient.

Yes, I agree that your prospect info is important and could be exported out and deleted prior to leaving the IMO. Now you are bringing up a trust issue with the IMO along with a sinister plan that IMO's only screw agent's.

Not all IMO's are as bad as you are proposing. You and I along with other IMO's on this forum would take offense to the opinion we are not trustworthy to protect our agent's data. Once you break it, it would be hard to get the trust back in the agent community.

It has to be the agent's decision with the IMO and that is a case by case decision. Not a blanket NO....

Latest posts

Back