Insurance for a 92 Year Old Female?

briko3

Guru
1000 Post Club
Will anyone write a healthy 92 year old female for a significant amount? Price doesn't matter.

Will anyone write a healthy 92 year old female for a significant amount? Price doesn't matter.

No, but even if they did she would pay up the death benefit in about 3 years, so price would probably matter if her life expectancy is longer than that. I assume you're talking about life insurance.

Yep, life. There are companies that write to 90, just don't know of any that will write 92.

If you found someone that would want 9,999 on a 10,000 policy. This lady has wait too late to buy life insurance.

If she died tomorrow would you say,,she was heathly and I wonder why she died? She may be "Heathly" but she is very old and is lucky to still be alive.

You are wasting your time on this client.

I know, but for the amount of money we're talking, it's worth a try to ask.

92 without a policy? She probably let like 7 policies lapse in her lifetime. Think of how many lead cards she has probably filled out since she's turned 55 and how many agents she's told that she can't afford it. Or maybe she had one of the policies that come through the mail that cut you off at age 80 or 90. Or maybe her term premiums were jumping every 5 years. Who knows but her children better start saving up. But then again, they might be on Social Security now too.

Just an idea, but with a 92yr old your best option isn't to sell her something now anyway because she won't really get any benefit even if she is approved. You might be better off helping her set up a trust to allow smooth settlement of her estate and let her put the funds back in bank CDs. But with helping her with her finances it will be able to figure out which beneficiaries get what amounts and you would have, at that time, earning some trust factors within the family to possible be placing 2-3-4 different policies with the beneficiaries down the road. It's all about the referrals, not the quick buck. Help the clients out long term and you will have money troubles (the good kind that is) :cool:

Back